Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Did anyone know the "Mayor of Buzzards Bay".....

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

RIP Boxcar. Lot of history to that man. :(

Hopefully, Jake The Snake and Ann Marie will carry on Boxcar's tradition of welcoming the summering hordes to Boozads Bhay.

RIP Boxcar. Lot of history to that man. :(

Hopefully, Jake The Snake and Ann Marie will carry on Boxcar's tradition of welcoming the summering hordes to Boozads Bhay.

Ann Marie will be holding court at the RRB parking area again once the warm weather starts, regaling tourists with her unique take on town history. :th:

Many people don't know that Boxcar had a trust fund, administered by one of Bourne's Finest on his behalf.

I found out from a social worker last year that her real name is Ann Marie, not Rita.

One of my neighbors in the park has known her since childhood and she is the one who told me her name several tears ago.

Rita---or Ann Marie---supposedly has a daughter who is willing to take her in. But, she has this Wampanoag identity (whether she's really a Wampanoag is open to question) of being "of the land" and prefers to live that way. According to the social worker I talked to (we were talking about other things when Rita's name came up somehow), she doesn't do drugs, other than nicotine, and doesn't drink. Just a bit out there where the buses don't run.

Rita---or Ann Marie---supposedly has a daughter who is willing to take her in. But, she has this Wampanoag identity (whether she's really a Wampanoag is open to question) of being "of the land" and prefers to live that way. According to the social worker I talked to (we were talking about other things when Rita's name came up somehow), she doesn't do drugs, other than nicotine, and doesn't drink. Just a bit out there where the buses don't run.

Sadly, I saw her being "of the land" the other day in McDonald's parking lot. She was taking an impromptu sponge bath right in the lot using some dish soap right out out of the bottle. After she was through, she pulled out a large pocket knife, and began digging with it at the edge of the lot? :confused:

The police used to tell me she has a daughter who lives ocally, who drops her off $$$ on occasions, cigarettes, and a few other items.

A couple years back she built herself a little lean to style shelter on the hill by the rotarty where they hold the paint ball games. She used to carry a baseball bat, and would fiercly protect her turf.

I remember years ago when I had a crazy schdule because I was fishing offshore I would do my laundry late at nite in b-bay......boxcar would be there and I would slip him a few bucks to "guard" my clothes.....it became a regular thing for a time........one late night he was down at the cumby's area running around nude and had the cops chasing him but he had a great hiding area and they couldn't find him....he had them going for hours......god forbid but I like the charecter he gave to the town I grew up in..............

Is Ann Marie the one who the big mane of blond hair and the backpack? I thought her name was Rita?

Been told by one of BPD finest that Rita is her last name.