Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
speedracer

MLK Day

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Working.

I listened to a little bit of the I have a dream speech this morning on the way in, but it lost my attention about half way through and so I flipped to music.

Not sure what exactly I should be doing to commemorate the day.

I had a doctor's appointment earlier. On the way home, I stop at a bank to deposit some checks at the ATM. As I'm getting into my car afterwards, a black kid, about 25 or so, tries the door and finds it locked. He asked me...."Is today a holiday or something?". :dismay:

I **** you not.

Working.

I listened to a little bit of the I have a dream speech this morning on the way in, but it lost my attention about half way through and so I flipped to music.

Not sure what exactly I should be doing to commemorate the day.

its an interesting question as far as what we should do......

this weekend always makes for some very interesting WWII shows on the history channel...watched a real good one about the first black tank battalion yesterday, it was real good...couldnt imagine fighting for a country that thought you were a second class citizen, if that....

talked about german pow's being able to use the white store on base, but the blacks couldnt.....you gotta be kidding me...

What are you doing to commemorate this day?

Last year: Early this morning I listened to a complete recitation of Martin Luther King's famous Letter from Birmingham Jail.

There is no more eloquent or brilliantly persuasive piece of writing. His letter is a rhetorical tour de force. No fair-minded person could disagree with the substance of King's message or not be spurred to support his demand for justice and equal treatment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today or tomorrow I'll read King's letter.

I had a doctor's appointment earlier. On the way home, I stop at a bank to deposit some checks at the ATM. As I'm getting into my car afterwards, a black kid, about 25 or so, tries the door and finds it locked. He asked me...."Is today a holiday or something?". :dismay:

I **** you not.

:dismay::dismay::dismay: