Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tigermaple5

"ONE USER FRIENDLY LIST" USA Customs & Manufactured

Rate this topic

95 posts in this topic

EDIT: To turn this into a professional publication or usable list. I have enlisted professional help, from one lawyer (family) & one english major / horticulturist who published written works ( the wife ). 

Everything WILL be fact checked with scrutiny.

THIS THREAD IS FOR, COMPILING DATA, RESEARCH, ADVICE, and so on........

It's something I need to do... No negativity please. I owe this list to someone & all to those could use it. 

Including myself !

It's going to get technical, I'm predicting an actual "fact checked list" in FEB 2012. 

Thank You for any help & positive advice.  If anyone would like to help PM me for my cell. 

Good Morning gentleman,  Customs, Manufacturing Co.'s , Gear / Lures / Rods / Components etc...

I'm compiling a new list of tackle & gear that are - Manufactured / Machined / Packaged / Or Handmade buy custom builders IN the USA.

I'll build 2 lists 100% & over 50% Made in the USA. 

I was wondering if you guys would help us out. Us meaning all of us. 

I just realized some of my favorite hardware that we all buy -  are from China.  I had an option I wasn't aware of... And I really would rather give our currency to Allies or our own workers. Rather than buying parachutes for their military we could very well face one day.  I know they're considered Allies since the day they helped fight the japanese. "officially" ANyway No politics... Just A LIST for free choice...

Aside from hostilities against our tackle & hardware Co's that went overseas the China. I would rather build a positive list of Locals, and larger builders and manufacturers From swivels to pliers to plugs etc...... From a kid turning plugs to bigger Co's. producing reels. 

EDIT : shattered dream

I have a lot of research to do.  But an up to date list Is what I feel I need to do. I'll laminate em' & turn the lists into something useful...

Like a calendar or fish ruler sticker. 

Here's the list I can find fast - With ONLY 17 100%  Made in America on the list.  

My work will include non-commercial builders aka basement builders... Licensed to sell. 

I'm even looking into swivels too- Companies like Spro I'm having a hard time this morning I see both... made in china and in the US. Mix

I need to look into an efficient way to research manufacturing. To get to the truth of it all. I love spro's for instance. But now I mostly buy from a guy in MA. who's pours in his basement... "Supporting our local economies" even if I'm outta state. 

Example -  

1. Choopy Lures Where's your hardware from ? I'll come up with percentage ratings  Like Choopy 100%  & so on. .. 

bye bye ZEE 

And so on. 

If you know of some large existing current lists please let me know..

& I know almost all of our SOL builders & even guys that have stuff manufactured try to get it done here at home. 

I love it. I know U'll spend more on the guy who found a local casting or machining CO.  for parts they can;t make themselves. 

Thank You for any help or advice with this list,

PJ M

thank you for being a true american, my plugs are homemade,made in the usa,not so sure of the comeponents,vmc hooks?,swivels?, thru wire?,anyway the deer tail is home grown and assembled here CJ

Thank you all so far. Here's the link of 17 USA made fishing tackle & gear St. Croix of course is in the 17. But I know I can get a much bigger list together than 17. 

We have to :

http://www.americansworking.com/fishing.html

Simms

Ardent

REC Components 

Eppinger Mfg, Co

Sampo fishing tackle

Rig Wraps

Signature fishing Poles

Skippers Jigs

Nautilus Fly Fishing

Magic Bait Co.

Buttrest Fishing Holder

Bucks Bags

And a hand written list of 84 I need to add.   So they're out there ! No more excuses for me. 

So far you guys added St.croix 

How about some more gear Manufacturing / Swivels & Components... I'm looking into a Co. In CT now. 

Thank You Americans .  We're up to 97 so far. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by bospa357 View Post

Bunch of threads already done on the subject. Here's just one from the search button.

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/808964/made-in-usa-fishing-products

Thank You I will add these too. 

Since  no one has Published A usable Up top date Web Page & the information gets lost in threads & conversations. (That I can Find easy anyway ) ....

And I've searched for a while now. I want this to pop right up in an ( Organized List Clear and easy to read with contact info. ) User friendly :) 

My goal is to Build & share a usable Page Of only the list...  (SIMPLE)  with a calendar &  a sharable info page. Easy to read with addresses & contact info on each Co.

Thanks, I'll sift through those 7 pages and add them to my list. 

To add yourself as a lure builder or gear maker to the Made in the USA List. Just PM me or post it here.

It will BE SIMPLE " Easy to find " and readily accessible on the net. 

Wish me luck. I haven't seen a good one yet.  I've only found scattered info.

Patrick M

VMC hooks I believe are made in France. Or they are a French company even thought they have their American headquarters in Minnesota. I forget.

No idea where WTP makes their eyes.

No idea where Krok has their swivels made.

No idea where the wire is made either.

No idea where the paint or epoxy is made.

I probably can't guarantee all the wood is from the US.

Those would be the points of contention. Otherwise, made in the USA with my hands.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie M View Post

VMC hooks I believe are made in France. Or they are a French company even thought they have their American headquarters in Minnesota. I forget.

No idea where WTP makes their eyes.

No idea where Krok has their swivels made.

No idea where the wire is made either.

No idea where the paint or epoxy is made.

I probably can't guarantee all the wood is from the US.

Those would be the points of contention. Otherwise, made in the USA with my hands.

Great !  Thank You !! I'm sure the paints & epoxies are home base. They should be at least... That's one thing we still make plenty of !   Thanks a lot Charlie. 

Choopy - :) My favorite. 

Choopy

Simms

Ardent

REC Components 

Eppinger Mfg, Co

Sampo fishing tackle

Rig Wraps

Signature fishing Poles

Skippers Jigs

Nautilus Fly Fishing

Magic Bait Co.

Buttrest Fishing Holder

Bucks Bags

Zee Bass @ 80% +

Seeker Rods

Calstar rods

Accurate Reels

Avet Reels

Ardent Reels

Penn Torque, Baja special, and international reels

Looking into now:

United Composites 

Pac Bay

Rouge 

Yeti coolers :)

Clear creek

& so on...

I'm researching Okuma in depth I love some of their stuff - Okuma introduces their own Green Baitcaster and it is a good one, meet the ..." An In-Depth Look at a Reel Made Entirely in the USA:" ? The Ardent XS1000f their stuff." But I know it's a mixed bag That is where Tiburon (a USA company) indeed made a bargain to engineer Okuma'snew Cedros and Makaira reels" Reading more.... I know they manufacture here and in taiwan & canada. I think. I'll figure this out. 

I think it's a certain item a percentage. Maybe I'll give em a call. 

And a hand written list of 84 I need to add.

Thanks for the additions Mitchman.  They're listed on my giant white board with room to go !  Nice to see .