Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
1Angler

Winter Fishing Solomons Area.

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, just discovered this website thanks for it. I live in the Northern VA and fish the Solomons area usually all year long. Are you guys also braving the element and enjoying this catch and release season with less traffic and crab pots? Right now I am mainly jigging at the power plant, so far I can't complain about the action but curious to see if anyone is catching them elsewhere or using a different technique? I have seen a couple post from NOVA residents, any of you guys fishing this winter? 

Hi 1 angler.

It seems that you are a die hard fisherman. Good for you. I used to fish in the Patuxent river and the Potomac side( not in the dead of winter). Post your fishing trip to keep us interested. Best regards.

I still occasionally fish on base to unwind. Stripers are out of season, but it doesn't matter, I haven't had a hit since Dec 1 on either the river side or the bay side. We've also had really really low tides the past few weeks, so much so that I found some sandbars I didn't even know existed. I'm looking forward to the fish coming back, and the season officially opening, trophy or not, they are all going back for a while anyhow.

Down in this area for work. Brought my plug bag and a rod. Anything going on in the river or this area? Hit mystic point the other afternoon with no luck. Was going to make the drive down to point lookout one night if there are some bass around?