Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Michael P

Home Depot Deception, Lies and Screw ups!

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Ok, so it's a big deal to lay statement that a large company has fouled up credit billing without justification, well after over 3 hours on the phone and over an hour at the customer service desk at Home Depot I am comfortable in stating I am right and they are wrong. If you have a Home Depot credit card and you are utilizing their promotional "no interest for xx months" program(s) , study your last three months bills very closely. Long (realllllly long!) story short, the person on the phone admitted to me this evening that there was an error in their billing in November whereby promotional balances were incorrectly broken up and swapped between revolving and promotional programs in a manner that not even the customer service reps could explain. This was the most intellectual of three different reps I spoke with, one of which outright called me a moron!

They took a 6 month old charge, broke it up into multiple transactions and applied it to my account twice when it was done, so for example, a $500 charge done on a promo was then taken off and put back as two $250 charges twice! They will not send a letter explaining their mistake, they will not admit to any kind of mistake, although they did remove interest charges for a promo balance that they fouled up.

There is so much more to it that needs further investigation, and I shall follow through as I am in no way convinced it is not fraudulent yet, BUT, please make it a point to LOOK at your Home Depot statements for the past three months and see if you're part of the group they felt they had to "fix" without any up front notice. I spent many years of my professional life writing the systems that produce these types of statements and while I have seen errors this is incredible that it was allowed to be sent to consumers.

I spent well over 40K at HD last year between jobs and personal property upgrades, and I will not spend another dime there, ever. Lowes is just another 5 minutes away and when I can't utilize a small business for my needs, they will get my business from now on.

Moron! I'll give then friggin moron!

My wife was on the phone with them the other day raising hell about something, It may have been the same thing....

Their credit department is actually City Bank from what I understand.

Dennis

Home Depot is like crack, I can't stop!!!

I take it anally when i go there, i hate that place...

Reminds me of an old joke.. Be honest, you don't really go there to shop do you ??

Home Desperate...

Used to have a commercial account.

Don't go there unless I have to.

Last time was just a few days ago. They seem to be trying to adjust their business model (don't use their credit any longer though...too f'd up)

More help present than they used to have...still not very knowledgeable. This was their trademark and how they built their business, warehouse pricing with tradesmen working there.

Lowes (and others) got smart, heavily computerized their stores and took away market share. As things started falling off, HD didn't adjust...just keeps getting worse.

They took a 6 month old charge, broke it up into multiple transactions and applied it to my account twice when it was done, so for example, a $500 charge done on a promo was then taken off and put back as two $250 charges twice! !

Mike are you saying they doubled your balance on that transaction? wow

Mike are you saying they doubled your balance on that transaction? wow

Yup. Three different people have tried to explain the bookkeeping, three different explanations and nobody willing to put the explanation into writing. It stinks of something bad.