Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skinnywater

The best bread....

Rate this topic

27 posts in this topic

How about the recipe? Looks to good not to share.

JimW posted the link for you. Here is a pic showing how you can really play around with the recipe. One on the left is a loaf I made yesterday that sticks to the original recipe. the one on the right I made today doing a few differnet things I learned from trial and error. The original at least for me is a lot more dense which is better for some things but not for others. To make it much lighter with the air bubbles I add a little more liquid about 1/4cup and let it rise for the full 18 hours in a warm place- it should have a lot of air bubbles in it by then. The original recipe says to knead for 10-15 minutes I knead or fold very gently for maybe 1-2 minutes just making it into a ball.

The original recipe says to knead for 10-15 minutes I knead or fold very gently for maybe 1-2 minutes just making it into a ball.

The original recipe says to kneed 10 to 15 TIMES, not minutes.

I made a loaf of the no kneed rye yesterday.

It really is a great recipe, so simple, and produces a great product.

The original recipe says to kneed 10 to 15 TIMES, not minutes.

I made a loaf of the no kneed rye yesterday.

It really is a great recipe, so simple, and produces a great product.

Wow that's awesome, thanks KoQ's- :bucktooth: you know when I wrote the recipe down almost a year ago when nemesis posted it I wrote down knead for 10-15min not knead 10-15 times. Now I know why my bread was so dense all those times before I started to change things... :shock: I would guess nemesis will get a kick out of this if he reads it.

The bread does look to be top shelf stuff. My issue with baking bread is, I can spend $2.40 on the best bread on the planet from my local Italian specialty shop (Joe Leones, Pt. Pleasant, NJ). I'd much rather spend my time and energy on a main course or something of substance. I guess though that making your own bread gives one a sense of accomplishment, I'm looking for something more substantial for my efforts.

If i were to be a chef it wouldn't be a pastry or baking profession, I'd be more of an appetizer, main course type of chef.

Hi dough masters, I printed out a recipe about 4-5 years ago from here for Artisian No-Knead bread that I've been using to date. At times I've used beer with the water but that's the only change I've tried. After reading the recipe in this thread, I'm curious. What does the vinegar contribute to the dough?