Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jocamc

what do you drive?

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I'm moving to Florida ASAP Up here in northern New England just about everyones drives a 4 wheel drive. snow-mud-slimy ramps

So, question is, do many of you use a 4 wheel drive vehicle and for what uses.

I appreciate that driving on the beach it would be an asset but cars drive on your beaches ok, as far as I know but that is why I ask

Probably so many places that I have never seen yet

thanks, john

Cant help you on driving on beaches but I tow quite a bit 200-350 mile to P city, P cola and use 4 runner 2wheel,drive 19ft century cc,this far no problem towing nor at ramps.

Guess a lot of this will depend on how much beach driving vice normal road driving what you want or need , for what it is worth, getting hard to find Pick up or 4 runner with out 4whl drive locally , most are not used for any thing but high way driving,but decals look cool i guess.

Where you decide to settle will also have direct bearing here in Big bend area we have No Beach period

Two-wheel drive Toyota 4-Runner with limited slip posi rear end, although I've never needed the posi in FL. Tows my 18' flats skiff with no problems back and forth Jersey to Florida many times and for local trips to Stuart, Ft Pierce. Good on fuel, lots of room, plenty of pull at the ramps.

I drive a 96 f-250 , 4x4 diesel , 5 sp , 3.55 rears , just turned 100 k , still gets me 24.+ on the highway and right around 20mpg around town and some hwy , I see no reason at all to get rid of it , plus it is in excellent shape , Frank

This year I have the newer Gator down here. We have decided that one more round trip driving is going to be enough. So next fall the old gator will make it's final trip south and will be here to end it's days. After that we will fly.

Peace