Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gregorjim

SERIAL POACHER Caught Again....& Again....

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Saw a request for letters to be sent to state Atty Office...Thought he handing the Judge handfulls of protest mail would help Judge make the right decision...This was the case..=... ""..In striped bass poaching cases, public help needed

Let’s start with the technical part: A person is innocent until proven guilty.

Now let’s move to the obvious. With some people and their track records, that gets to be a tough stretch.

And now here are the facts that will be heard in court on March 2 in the case of People vs. Daniel Leroy Dierker.

On Jan. 5, Natural Resources Police charged Dierker, of Rock Hall, with catching striped bass even though his commercial license has been suspended until Jan. 18, 2012. That’s 2012.

NRP says Dierker, 32, was netting fish from his boat off Love Point when officers stopped him. Under the terms of his suspension, Dierker is banned from catching any type of finfish.

Since 1998, state court records show, Dierker has been charged with fishing violations by NRP more than 40 times, with his cases showing up in district courts on both sides of the Chesapeake Bay. In several instances, he was fined for not showing up for court.

A serial poacher, he has been found guilty of not having a license, harvesting oysters in a prohibited area, taking undersized oysters, catching both oversized and undersized striped bass, crabbing on a day off and disobeying a police officer. He has failed to check in his catch, as required by state regulation, and mutilated his catch so that it could not be measured by officers.

Last year, he was fined $2,360 in Kent County District Court for seven violations.

And still, he fishes on. He doesn’t even stop when a judge orders him to stop.

Clearly, the system needs a little support.

The state’s attorney for Queen Anne’s County is Lance G. Richardson. It would be nice if he had a fist full of letters from concerned citizens to show the judge on March 2. His email is lrichardson@qac.org.

Well I sent my letter...only to find out this request was a year old,,,,Since it's all public record....I asked the State Atty for the final outcome of Dierkers case...Got this a few days later...Dierker was found guilty ....given 12 yrs.....Appealled Final outcome....He serves 6 days in jail...Cost was $1000 for bail....Court fees were $180 plus another $140 & 18 mo probation...What a joke...I guess this $0 time loser showed upin court with poor wife & little kids & threw himself on the Judges mercy & it worked...When I recieved this from the Atty's office it said not to use copy for publication....If I did I could serve Jail Time.....Unbelievable....I go to jail showing Public info & a serial Poacher gets 6 days jail & a slap on the wrist....JUDGES SUCK!!!!...................................JimI

If the Gov isnt going to fix it I know how! Give the pics of his face to all his local fishing shop so he can no longer buy any fishing stuff and also to local boat store so he can never get his boat fixed haha!

What happened to the three strikes rule. Shouldn't they be locking him up and throwing away the key :shock: OOps I thought that this guy was on the westcoast but a poacher is a poacher and he should be jailed :mad:

I thought he should have his car & boat conviscated, license revoked for life,Healty fine, & at least a year in jail..Hopefully next time he'll get a judge that appreciates the outdoors....plus that will be Number 41.....:

Put his picture along with those of his vehicle and boat on the net.... post at various 'free' locations that allow it... give to some of us to post in our rigs... I am pretty sure that at some point his rig will end up abandoned and the Crabs will feed well for awhile. Always keep in mind the old Pirates saying!

Defishmon...... This was all done around the Chesapeake Bay area, so its up to our east coast members to do what you're asking....All i got from the state Atty's office was this report& they said not to publish it...I don't think they would reveal any pictures of this bum..I will contact my friends back east to find out any other info, & will report same...I would be surprised to find out nothing was done, knowing how much they love their fishing...In the past at Pillar pt harbor, a individual was caught after many times poaching salmon during real foggy days..DFG boats with radar followed the guys & caught them netting salmon in the fog & were pulling in the partial catch...Their boat was consficated & sold at auction by some irate law abbiding guy & sunk it in the harbor to pass word to others...Thats the story from a commercial fish guy i knew>> Jim

Sent a letter to the judge that ruled on Dierkers case..Waiting for reply & will post sameHe was a visiting judge from another district...Can't wait for the explanation on thisMinute fine & time served....Jim: