Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jameso20o

Curly tail on bucktails?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

AWESOME...the 6" on a 1-2oz Jetty Caster KILLED this year.

Won't dry out, won't flip over and block the hook point, can color em with sharpies ;), easier to carry,hold scent better, oh yeah....CATCH FISH!

We on the west coast have been using white 1/2 oz banana jigs with 6" white worm tail for over30 yrs now..It's probably the best lure going now.This is used in shore casting out to about 8-10' of water...Boat trolling requires heavyer jigs around ! -! 1/2 oz...........Jim

We on the west coast have used White 1/2 oz banana jigs with a 6 " white worm tail for over 30 yrs now...Probably still the top fish producer.This is for shore casting out to 8-10'of water.....When trolling in boats we use 1 -1 1/2 oz jigs.................Jim

Both are DEADLY!

:th:

Personally I fish almost anything on the back of a bucktail and catch. Plastic worms, sand worm, squid strip, curly tail, rind,...... Depends on where and how your fishing it. I prefer curly tails when fishing in faster current, plastic worms when the tide slows.

Anybody use these gummy shads and if so how do you use them? I ordered supplies to make these up and here is my first batch, with practice I'll make them look better. I'm planning to use these as a teaser in the surf with a dropper loop or tied from the swivel. Ideas and input welcome from those who have experience with the gummy shad.[img=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2811528/width/600/height/456]

Anybody use these gummy shads and if so how do you use them? I ordered supplies to make these up and here is my first batch, with practice I'll make them look better. I'm planning to use these as a teaser in the surf with a dropper loop or tied from the swivel. Ideas and input welcome from those who have experience with the gummy shad.[img=http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2811528/width/600/height/456]

Sorry started this thread on your thread, my bad.

Anyone had any luck with curly tails on rigged onto bucktails as an attractant?

Simple answer - Yes.

How would they compare to Pork rinds?

Ah... now we get to a more complete reply.

Profile and action (and with bucktail jigs, a bit of the effect on sink rate.)

Take a 1 1/2 oz. Jetty Caster and add a 6" curly tail and compare the action and profile to the same bucktail with a 70S pork rind. Or a Bass Assassin shad or 240S rind or a 57S rind or a sluggo.

They all have their time and place. ;)