Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjbkicker39

*edited

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Most of those lures are exactly the same as the al gags. They may all be actually I just dont recall al gags making the "fish stick" which looks like a wood copy of a smaller surface cruzer. Gags must have sold the company/product line to 24/7.

Being thses are basicly al gags lures, they are pretty good lures I fish a bunch of them.

I don't agree that anyone is selling lure designs, maybe folks are copying or even partnering but why would anyone pay for a design? Most homemade lures surely resemble those that are mass produced by big lure manufacturers, surely no money is changing hands there.

As for the 24/7 line, nice looking but I never like stuff with a rubber tail, too many replacements and they often just never get replaced, making them worthless.

here's your answer about Gag's plugs :)

About Us

We recently acquired Al Gag's Wood Lures and Squid-Zee. Produced in our facility; painted, through wired, quality hardware and VMC hooks, the attention to detail is outstanding. Imitating herring, bunker/pogy, shad, eels, sand eels, mackerel and mullets.

A little history of myself: I have been an avid fisherman around Block Island, Montauk and Watch Hill for the past 25 years. I was looking for a new venture when I met Al. At the same time, Al was looking to sell his custom wood lure business to someone who would move his legend forward.

I have set up my shop to create new custom lures and continue Al's lures. I am manufacturing Al’s lures based on his original specifications. Very excited to keep this product line going since we know they catch fish, people love these lures.

The "Pocket Rocket" was first produced by Danny Pichney and produces very well whether the hook is adorned with anything or not. I personally like it with just a short shank O'Shaunnesy hook, as it casts well like that, which is its purpose.

The "Pocket Rocket" was first produced by Danny Pichney and produces very well whether the hook is adorned with anything or not. I personally like it with just a short shank O'Shaunnesy hook, as it casts well like that, which is its purpose.

I like saddles hackles on mine!