Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjbkicker39

Your Favorite Tackle Shop

Rate this topic

47 posts in this topic

I looked around at other threads and so not much about people talking about there favorite tackle shop. So I'm starting this thread to see everyone's favorite tackle shop. Thought it would be cool so everyone can see whats good around there way and maybe other people can try new spots out.

So what is everyone's favorite Bait and Tackle Shop? And if you want, what is your least favorite?

My personal favorite is White Water in Hampton Bays. The owner Bryce is the man and is one of the nicest guys out there. Whenever I go in he's always wiling to help, give you updates, and is always down for a good talk. They make custom rods there too. The guy who does the custom rods does a sick...sick job !! They have a huge selection of stuff and at a very good price. That's my place and I will always go there. I will once in a while if I'm around will make a pit stop at J&H over in Oakdale too. But my go to is White Water in Hampton Bays.

I use to like going to J&J's in Patchogue, but I did not like the people there and especially the owner. Very rude and not willing to help unless they knew you or were a regular. They didn't like when you were in there either for more then 10 minutes looking around. I like to look a lot and see what I need/want. They don't like that. There prices are also very high too.

Fishin' Franks, in Port Charlotte, FLA. All the gear you need, weather fishing inshore, or on a long range offshore trip. Several freezers and fridges full of any bait you can imagine, plus hundreds of gallons of live well tanks with any live baits available. Helpful crew, that loves to fish, and knows what's hot and what's not.

Peace Token Tackle, in Brooklyn has some of the best pre-made rigs, as well as a decent assortment of jigs and other accessories.

The one I work at in Alantic Beach, NC.

Also Red Drum Tackle, Buxton, NC

Frank & Frans, Avon, NC

TW's in Kitty Hawk, NC

and World Wide Sportsman only because it's in Islamorada, FL and it is hugh.

It has been a while, but Hi's tackle in San Fran was always my favorite. The guys were good, fix-a-broken-tip-for-$2 kinda guys, at least back in the day when I was there. Lived a few blocks from it and spent way too much money there, but looking back, it was all good, well-advised buys that I still have.

Now on the east, I'm like my local Captain Steves in Assateague. Good guys that pretty much always steer me right.

Joes B&T...It's a small ma and pop shop in town, they have a perfect selection for any angler, and a huge selection of mambos and live bait for the spring run.

Rivers End when I really need to gear up, there's not much they don't have.

Quaker Lane Bait & Tackle in Rhody; the team there has really taken care of me and they are chill about my kids playing with the live eels. :wave: