Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Laxman24

Reel in the 200-250 range

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

for that price budget i am using the fin-nor offshore and the inshore version for my surf trips.

i do have the vsb but that is not in the price you pointed(even tho that is my main surf reel) my dad and brother are using penn battles, i personally like the fin-nor reels

Would help to know what style of fishing you plan on doing. You looking for a Spinning reel or a Bait caster?

What kind of rod you planning on using? Length.? What weights you planning on throwing.

For that price range, can't get any more perfect than the Shimano Stradic FJ.

Sure you can, and you don't have to look past Shimano. The Saragossa is a lot more surf-worthy than the Stradic. And much, much easier to self-service.

Another vote for the Saragosa. Great drag and if you aren't rock hopping/swimming and dropping it in the sand, it will give you excellent service. Also lays line on the spool perfectly and casts very, very well. I just give them a good rinse after each use and make sure all my screw are snugged up, but that's only because I've been told I have loose screws. ;):wee:

I have a 4000 - 5000 and 8000 and love them to death. :love:

BTW, they have some sort of clutch device in the reel so that when you cast it, the open bail will not flip shut and sent your $$ plug to Europe. :clap:

I just flip them closed by hand when my lure lands out yonder.

Bottom line, excellent reel for open beach/jetty fishing for the price you pay.

Since your new here and do not really give specifics

on what you will be fishing for, my recomondation

is the Shimano Thunnus ci4 in the 6000 or 8000

size.

If you can go $250.00 then you will have a reel

that you can baitfish and throw plugs too. Yeah,

I own the Saragosa to, and it is a great reel for the

surf, but the Thunnus/baitrunner will serve double

duty. The Thunnus will be lighterover the larger

Saragosa in the same size range.

This is not just a bait reel, you can plug with

it too.

I recommend the Saragosa or the Saltist. I find the Saltist is smoother and casts further but the Saragosa gets a slight edge in solid feel. Either reel should be a fine choice.

Another vote for the Saragosa. Great drag and if you aren't rock hopping/swimming and dropping it in the sand, it will give you excellent service. Also lays line on the spool perfectly and casts very, very well. I just give them a good rinse after each use and make sure all my screw are snugged up, but that's only because I've been told I have loose screws. ;):wee:

I have a 4000 - 5000 and 8000 and love them to death. :love:

BTW, they have some sort of clutch device in the reel so that when you cast it, the open bail will not flip shut and sent your $$ plug to Europe. :clap:

I just flip them closed by hand when my lure lands out yonder.

Bottom line, excellent reel for open beach/jetty fishing for the price you pay.

Spig, I think you'll find that the rotor brake wears, and gets looser, over time, but it's about a 3 minute operation to remove the bail trip once and for all.