Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bob_G

Johnny Winter on Letterman last night.

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

I've seen him a few times.The last was a while ago and he looked pretty tired then but still played like a champ.Wish I would have seen him on the show.Glad to hear he's "still alive and well" even if it's "kinda hard to tell".......The cat can play!

The last time I saw him play, he sat in with the ABB during one of their Beacon runs. They had to set up a chair onstage for him. :(

But the guy can still play. If you can hang with Haynes and Trucks and not look foolish at his age, that says a lot. :th:

Saw him a couple of years ago at a local venue.

He has always been one of my favorite players.

Same deal. They had a chair set up for him. His voice was sort of weak, but his playing was smokin'!

I know he had been sick for a while previous to that.

For anyone interested, I'd suggest reading his book "Raisin' Cain". An excellent read.

Saw Johnny perform with Rick Derringer at the Garage in Asbury Park in 1969/1970.  He was late for the show but red hot when he finally arrived.  I have also been watching Letterman for many years and I can always tell when he genuinely appreciates a musical performance.  Safe to say that, although time and age  has slowed him down a tad, Johnny is still red hot.