Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FoliFish

Sebile Question

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the older Magic Swimmer 228 SK became the 228 SSK or the 228 FSK?

Thanks!

Dennis

idk but it sounds like you're talking about the fall rate on theses lures. i would think FSK stand for fast sinking SSK for slow sinking.. if they change anything it should be the hooks and split rings for the prices they're getting for them!

I'm still waiting for my 2 replacement Magic Swimmers to come in. I mailed it in 5 months ago. I got to call them.

I'm still waiting for my 2 replacement Magic Swimmers to come in. I mailed it in 5 months ago. I got to call them.

I sent it to them in may, I called because they said I would have it in december... Looks like I'll have it in april.

I won't buy another sebile product again either, Broke my stick shadd on the first use and promptly sent it back. It will be almost a year when i get it back. Not worth the money at all, there are enough stickshadd and magic swimmer copy cats out there to suffice for now.

I sent it to them in may, I called because they said I would have it in december... Looks like I'll have it in april.

I won't buy another sebile product again either, Broke my stick shadd on the first use and promptly sent it back. It will be almost a year when i get it back. Not worth the money at all, there are enough stickshadd and magic swimmer copy cats out there to suffice for now.

Thanks for the info. I wonder what their excuse is this time? Last spring it was because of the buyout and had to wait for Sebile Pure Fishing to start making product again.

Thanks for the info. I wonder what their excuse is this time? Last spring it was because of the buyout and had to wait for Sebile Pure Fishing to start making product again.

They said they didn't see my order in the system, so I had to re-order the same model and color. I'm calling them once a month until I get it to make sure that they don't forget again.

If you sent it out during the buyout, I would call just to make sure. They must be ridiculously backed up.

i donated 2 Sebiles last year to the canal, a 1.5oz magic swimmer and a 3 5/8oz stick shad that i doctored up to look like a mackeral. boy thing was deadly when the macks were around last season!! took 3 cast with the magic swimmer the thing lasted maybe idk,15mins. give or take. it was brand new too and just like that i lost $60:(

i have a friend that loads red fins different ways.  you can get 4 red fins for the price of 1 sebile.  he gets more fish than anyone fish with because he is smart with his money, he is not cheap either, his reel is a vanstal

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralSwimBait View Post

i donated 2 Sebiles last year to the canal, a 1.5oz magic swimmer and a 3 5/8oz stick shad that i doctored up to look like a mackeral. boy thing was deadly when the macks were around last season!! took 3 cast with the magic swimmer the thing lasted maybe idk,15mins. give or take. it was brand new too and just like that i lost $60:(

doesnt it just kill ya, I've donated several and everytime I lose one its like throwing half a tank of gas out the window

lost 2 magic swimmers, silver, slow sinking, in the canal last year.

1 when my 40 lb fluro leader snapped, just as i had a 45ish" +/- cow, 3 feet from the rocks.

to add insult to injury, i had just changed the leader 2 casts previously.

i have a friend that loads red fins different ways.  you can get 4 red fins for the price of 1 sebile.  he gets more fish than anyone fish with because he is smart with his money, he is not cheap either, his reel is a vanstal

One of my wintertime projects will be to come up with some ideas for cheaper clones of sebiles. I did really well with the Stickshad's last year but the darned things are so fragile for the money. You can buy tuna tough lures for the price of a Sebile. I lost a good bass that tore the back treble off of a Magic Swimmer before I learned to take that hook off. I wasn't as pissed about the money spent for a weak lure as i was for wondering about how the bass would fare with that hook left in it's mouth.