Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishstriper

Call a government agency for help, talk to an inmate

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Washington DC – When you call a company or government agency for help, there’s a good chance the person on the other end of the line is a prison inmate. The federal government calls it “the best-kept secret in outsourcing” – providing inmates to staff call centers and other services in both the private and public sectors. The U.S. government, through a 75-year-old program called Federal Prison Industries, makes about $750 million a year providing prison labor, federal records show.

I endorse this 100%!

When you call NJ Tourism the ladies who answer the phone reside at Edna Mahan Correctional facility. It's better than outsourcing to Indian!

They're in prison for doing something dishonest, do they give honest answers. :huh:

I endorse this 100%!

When you call NJ Tourism the ladies who answer the phone reside at Edna Mahan Correctional facility. It's better than outsourcing to Indian!

They're in prison for doing something dishonest, do they give honest answers. :huh:

No. They are in prison for committing a crime. Not all crimes involve dishonesty? Murder --- I honestly intended to kill him.

They are monitored. If they screw up they are removed from the job. I guess we should pay some government worker a sweet chunk of change and bennies just to listen to the phone ring and ignore it!

When you call NJ Tourism the ladies who answer the phone reside at Edna Mahan Correctional facility.

Yes, she said, NJ is a great place to visit.

I think that we should bring back forced labor and paying half a buck an hour is mighty close to forced labor!

Here in NC we still have inmates working on the side of the road picking up trash, clearing weeds, watched over by guards with shotguns. Good old fashion chain gang without the chains. I think 50 cents is in the upper range of their pay scale. One escaped in Wanchese a few years ago, probably not his best choice of places to make an escape, most people there armed and enjoy a good sport hunt. He was found a few hours later hiding in a boat.

Here in NC we still have inmates working on the side of the road picking up trash, clearing weeds, watched over by guards with shotguns. Good old fashion chain gang without the chains. I think 50 cents is in the upper range of their pay scale. One escaped in Wanchese a few years ago, probably not his best choice of places to make an escape, most people there armed and enjoy a good sport hunt. He was found a few hours later hiding in a boat.

Down here in Arizona there is still sherrif Joe's chain gang