Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FishingOnCredit

Thoughts on trolling lure....

Rate this topic

1 post in this topic

I've always been the first to try something new, but with this one I need some help.  Basically what I did is for trolling with a double bucktail and a drop sinker, I took the bucktails and added quad spinners.  I chopped the double arm each with tandem blades off of spinnerbait and using the wife's jewelry torch, heated the bucktail until I could insert the double arms into the weighted head. 

Long story short, its a normal trolling bucktail with four blades on it.  I made it because in real life baitfish group tightly.  A lot tighter than an umbrella would have them.  I also experimented with taking off some of the blades off and adding smaller shads.  When I used this late summer/fall I was the laughing stock of the Choptank.  However, it worked rather well.   Mainly it seemed to get fewer hits, but bigger fish. And that is where I need some help. 

The bigger fish would hit it hard and if not on the first fish definitely the second, my creation would be in pieces.  I wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to make it stronger or knew anyone who made bucktails on the shore.  Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome....