Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishweewee

Allen West on the Marine Pee Pee Incident

Rate this topic

116 posts in this topic

Quote:

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/allen-west-marines-incident-shut-your-mouth-war-hell_616699.html

Allen West on the Marines Incident: 'Shut Your Mouth, War Is Hell'

Daniel Halper

January 13, 2012 1:37 PM

Rep. Allen West (R-Fla.), a former Army lieutenant colonel, sends THE WEEKLY STANDARD an email commenting on the Marines' video, and has given us permission to publish it.

“I have sat back and assessed the incident with the video of our Marines urinating on Taliban corpses. I do not recall any self-righteous indignation when our Delta snipers Shugart and Gordon had their bodies dragged through Mogadishu. Neither do I recall media outrage and condemnation of our Blackwater security contractors being killed, their bodies burned, and hung from a bridge in Fallujah.

“All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

“The Marines were wrong. Give them a maximum punishment under field grade level Article 15 (non-judicial punishment), place a General Officer level letter of reprimand in their personnel file, and have them in full dress uniform stand before their Battalion, each personally apologize to God, Country, and Corps videotaped and conclude by singing the full US Marine Corps Hymn without a teleprompter.

“As for everyone else, unless you have been shot at by the Taliban, shut your mouth, war is hell.”

so if I read that correctly, I cannot agree with Allen West that the Marines were wrong because I wasn't shot at by the Taliban, and I should shut up.

This is your constitutional liberties advocate?

Ummmm, I believe the congressman was aiming at the pundits who are quick to criticize the troops (to include the congressman when he was serving) but say nothing when the Islamofascists torture and mutilate our soldiers and marines. Almost all of these pundits managed to avoid military service themselves but seem to be first in line to cast aspersions at the troops whenever possible. Many of us who have served are sensitive to this kind of crap and know when we are being slanged unnecessarily.

And I believe the congressman is right on in his opinion of what these marines have done and how they should be disciplined. My kind of guy.

Ummmm, I believe the congressman was aiming at the pundits who are quick to criticize the troops (to include the congressman when he was serving) but say nothing when the Islamofascists torture and mutilate our soldiers and marines. Almost all of these pundits managed to avoid military service themselves but seem to be first in line to cast aspersions at the troops whenever possible. Many of us who have served are sensitive to this kind of crap and know when we are being slanged unnecessarily.

And I believe the congressman is right on in his opinion of what these marines have done and how they should be disciplined. My kind of guy.

how do you reconcile the idea that "we are better than them"

Knight, when I see others acting poorly, I often don't say a word, and keep my comments to myself, but when my kids join in I will open my mouth and ask that they don't act like the others.

The actions of the terrorist are presumed to be bad, that i why we are going there to kill them. What more needs to be said. I am raged when I saw the videos, and silently I wish that justice will be done.

When I read the post in the tavern, I want to say, guys, we're better than that. You did you job, now let's more on so you can come home.

Are there people who want to slander our troops? Yes, but I think West is 100% wrong when he says there was no outrage when I troops were wrong, and suspect that somehow what he his complaining about doesn't exist to the level it is being made out to be.

I think by and large America has changed it's attitudes about our troops and learned to separate the soldier from the war. I think what west is talking about exist in very small pockets, and makes matters worse just lie the idiots who are condoning the actions.

Awesome mix of moral relativism and whining about the main stream media. No wonder the Team Republican rubes like this guy so much.

Moral relativism? It's okay to kill em but peeing on the bodies is worse? That's real "moral relativism" for you! This is war, not the Junior Cotillion!

how do you reconcile the idea that "we are better than them"

Knight, when I see others acting poorly, I often don't say a word, and keep my comments to myself, but when my kids join in I will open my mouth and ask that they don't act like the others.

The actions of the terrorist are presumed to be bad, that i why we are going there to kill them. What more needs to be said. I am raged when I saw the videos, and silently I wish that justice will be done.

When I read the post in the tavern, I want to say, guys, we're better than that. You did you job, now let's more on so you can come home.

Are there people who want to slander our troops? Yes, but I think West is 100% wrong when he says there was no outrage when I troops were wrong, and suspect that somehow what he his complaining about doesn't exist to the level it is being made out to be.

I think by and large America has changed it's attitudes about our troops and learned to separate the soldier from the war. I think what west is talking about exist in very small pockets, and makes matters worse just lie the idiots who are condoning the actions.

What are you talking about? West went over the fact that they were wrong and how their discipline should be handled in his opinion. How do you think they should be disciplined?

On this and the other thread, I condemned the Marine's actions and said they should be disciplined. What part of that don't you understand? I spoke of honor and that it must be instilled as much as possible to avoid this kind of action.

I believe that what West is complaining about does exist and maybe we are more sensitive too it. There certainly was outrage in many quarters when atrocities were committed against our soldiers, but not from every quarter. Why do you find it hard to admit that? And are we to just IGNORE that stuff? Is Alan West delusional? Is he stupid?

Because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not there. But, if you think it is not there....there you are.

What are you talking about? West went over the fact that they were wrong and how their discipline should be handled in his opinion. How do you think they should be disciplined?

On this and the other thread, I condemned the Marine's actions and said they should be disciplined. What part of that don't you understand? I spoke of honor and that it must be instilled as much as possible to avoid this kind of action.

I believe that what West is complaining about does exist and maybe we are more sensitive too it. There certainly was outrage in many quarters when atrocities were committed against our soldiers, but not from every quarter. Why do you find it hard to admit that? And are we to just IGNORE that stuff? Is Alan West delusional? Is he stupid?

Because you don't see it doesn't mean it is not there. But, if you think it is not there....there you are.

Knight I agreed with both you and West

My original comment was that West is also telling me that since I was never shot at by the Taliban to shut my mouth (of course since he is overplaying the outrage MSM victim card for the republicans, we know he's talking about a very small group)

Can I ask you to reconcile your point in the other thread, saying that this will be buried by the MSM on behalf of Obama and West need to address this as if the MSM coverage is a big problem.

Which is it, did the MSM sweep this under the rug as you predicted or are they making too much out of this as West suggests?

Moral relativism? It's okay to kill em but peeing on the bodies is worse? That's real "moral relativism" for you! This is war, not the Junior Cotillion!

HB,

There are some sleaze balls that I am talking about that are not to be trusted, are two faced and sneaky. They might say they "support the troops" in public but you can never trust them for they have no moral center. Who knows what they say privately to their friends. These low lifes often feel they are superior to everyone else. "Scratch a liberal, find a closet aristocrat."

What the Marines did was wrong. They will be disciplined under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Don't know what else anyone wants.

Agreed, this is not a moral issue, this is a discipline issue. Conventional morality goes out the window the moment you hand a man guns and grenades and tell him to "go kill those other guys over there". These men deserve to be punished but not destroyed.

HB,

There are some sleaze balls that I am talking about that are not to be trusted, are two faced and sneaky. They might say they "support the troops" in public but you can never trust them for they have no moral center. Who knows what they say privately to their friends. These low lifes often feel they are superior to everyone else. "Scratch a liberal, find a closet aristocrat."

What the Marines did was wrong. They will be disciplined under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. Don't know what else anyone wants.

here we go with the conspiracy stuff again

when you cannot prove an allegation about people , make stuff up

All these over-emotional pundits and armchair quarterbacks need to chill. Does anyone remember the two Soldiers from the 101st Airborne Division who were beheaded and gutted in Iraq?

Yep. Moral relativism. No question about it. Others acting like scumbags in no way excuses our own bad behavior.