CONSIDERING A CAREER in CUSTOM LURES ! Let me know what you think ? ;)

Rate this topic

tigermaple5

Since it's a day off and a screw around day. I'll try weldin' up some jigs for kicks. . .  "Lead Free " :) 

P1070465.JPGP1070483.JPGP1070488.JPG

Going Stainless Scrap in a minute... Be back up in a few... Cool responses !  I love it.  

600x338px-LL-debc0571_P1070424.jpeg

I like the butter knife / plumb / church key etc ..... !!! I used to use copper tubing & lead jointed in LI an old plumber I knew made these copper eels... And they caught... But I really want to use wrenches & ipones !

I think it's time to tie a hook to the cell old cell phone.. I can't loose !

Fellows I worked with would take a 1/4" piece of stainless tubing,crimp one end in a vise,fill about 3/4 full of lead,crimp the other end,drill a hole in each end for split rings to fish the river for stripers.This became one of the hottest lures for stripers below a local dam.Best part they used company material and did the work on company time.

Jake

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fi**** 2 View Post

Where did you get that box of colored tubes?

They're Marine Electrical heat shrink tubes......  for workin on the boat... But I love em' for lures. Cheap too .  & fun just use a heat gun (paint striper ) to shrink em'

Just google heat shrink marine tubing key words...  I like the $15 dollar kits that lasts a yr...   They come in a box of 67 sizes so you can interlap them on lures n stuff

tigermaple5,

Quote:

Originally Posted by tigermaple5 View Post

... I think it's time to tie a hook to the cell old cell phone.. I can't loose !

This one has the ring of a winner to it!  I bet you could really call them up from the bottom with this one.  bucktooth.gif

At my age, just about everything pisses me off!

I caught this pool winning cod....

[img=

on this adjustable wrench

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2794700/width/462/height/622]

I also caught several smaller cod and a couple haddock. About two drops after pulling in this one I fought a nice cod about half way to the boat before it went slack. When I pulled in the treble had broken off.

This year I plan to make a jig out of a lead filled Barbie and also some type of Banana inspired jig (don't believe in that superstition crap).

Why would you do that to a nice american made wrench. Didn't you have a stripped POS Chinese one around?  :D

Buy American and buy Local!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On a side note, I made a blue fish lure omce out of a potato peeler liberated from a rented cottage's utility drawer!!!!!!!!!!

Do cod prefer standard or metric wrenches? :squid:

Depends on if they're in US or international waters

I just wanta play everyday despite small nagging injuries --

and go home to a woman who appreciates how full of crap I truly am. ~ Crash Davis

Social Distancing since 1962

Fellows I worked with would take a 1/4" piece of stainless tubing,crimp one end in a vise,fill about 3/4 full of lead,crimp the other end,drill a hole in each end for split rings to fish the river for stripers.This became one of the hottest lures for stripers below a local dam.Best part they used company material and did the work on company time.

Jake

I hoped they fish on company time too!!!