Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve in Mass

It's a Damp, Foggy Friday...........

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

But supposed to clear with a high wind warning (gusts up to 50 MPH), high near 50 early then dropping like a rock. Sunny and quite cold for the weekend (might see about 5 here on Sunday morning), then warming a bit next week with showers on Tuesday, sun the rest of the week......and again, NO SNOW....:)

So, whatchya making?

Tonight is take out pizza (Yes, 16" diameter....:p;)).

For tomorrow, I defrosted a turkey that I got awhile back (right after New Years) for short change, so will do that T'Day style (stuffing, creamed onions, beans and spatzle, gravy.)

Sunday will be spaghetti, meatballs, and sausage.

Monday is a bank holiday, so not sure what I am making yet, perhaps a roast beef or a roast pork loin.

Rest of the week, something with left over turkey (sandwiches or tettrazini) one night. Have some stuffed cabbage in the freezer from last week, so will have that another night. The third night, I dunno, maybe some home-made basa with kraut.

What are YOU making?

Last night was my Brother in law's Birthday so I made some "Steak BRUSCHETTA"... Love how easy and simple this is. Had a few drinks and and loved the meal/grazing...

some pics

The Filet after the cook/rest/slice...

[img=

The Toast baguette rubbed with garlic

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x129/VANCEIII/20120112_200221.jpg]

Diced steak with a ceaser salad pre mixed...

[img=

Add some shredded parm and dressing, mix and put on the baguette

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x129/VANCEIII/20120112_200459.jpg]

Tonight is pizza or meatball subs from our kitchen

Saturday is left over night

Sunday is chicken but not sure how I will cook it yet...

Maybe chicken and broccoli in a cheesey creamy garlic sauce over penne pasta tonight. Working all day tomorrow, and then PATS tomorrow night, I might get some chicken wings, sausages and other snacky food for the game. Working Sunday until 2, thinking of a big chicken soup after working outside all day. Monday I'm off and too far ahead to think of dinner.

Have a great weekend all! :wave:

I got half a pound of peeled maine shrimp. That will be eaten tonight either civiche, raw or in pasta. Last night I did a seared salmon sashimi with thai sauce that blew my doors off. I'd like to do a whole fish or some sort of clams dish as well. Maybe a 12 inch diameter pizza or eggplant parm.

I got half a pound of peeled maine shrimp.

I noticed these starting to show up in various spots around here. How much did they run ya Adam?

Fresh Catch had some the other day that looked VERY fresh......they were head on and ran $5.99/lb, which I thought was a bit steep. Shaw's had some headless (in shell) on Wednesday, but they hadn't put out the sign with the price yet when I was there, as they were still loading the case.

I may have to pick some up this weekend.

My 15 yr old volunteered to make beef stew and serve it in a homeless shelter (church) tonight (which means I am volunteered as well), with a few other boys/parents from his scout troop. We'll be leaving straight from his fencing practice tonight so we made the stew yesterday so it just needs to be reheated.

Nice father/son time sharing duties in the kitchen and collaborating. He uses a simple recipe meant to cook outdoors in a dutch oven, so I showed him a few things we could do with a kitchen and full pantry to make it a little better.

I was asked to make pulled pork sandwiches by a neighbor for Sunday's Giants game, so I called in my order and will be picking up two boston butts later. BTW, I cannot find boston butts that haven't had the blade bone removed. My butcher opined that it won't change the flavor, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that the bone wouldn't be adding flavor. Then again, there is so much going on with a butt in the first place, he might be right.

I noticed these starting to show up in various spots around here. How much did they run ya Adam?

Fresh Catch had some the other day that looked VERY fresh......they were head on and ran $5.99/lb, which I thought was a bit steep. Shaw's had some headless (in shell) on Wednesday, but they hadn't put out the sign with the price yet when I was there, as they were still loading the case.

Well mine were peeled big difference! I paid 6 for half a pound. Honestly I don't care if I over paid. Peeling those things are a pia. Do you like maine shrimp?

Well mine were peeled big difference! I paid 6 for half a pound. Honestly I don't care if I over paid. Peeling those things are a pia. Do you like maine shrimp?

I do, but they have to be cooked/treated very delicately.....all shrimp should be cooked delicately, but much more so with the Maine Shrimp. And yes, they are a PITA to peel, but the shells and heads make a good stock. $4.99-$5.99 a pound is about the going price for shell on around here, but I am sure Skinnywater will soon chime in and kill us saying he is paying about $2 at the dock up by him...........;)

I do, but they have to be cooked/treated very delicately.....all shrimp should be cooked delicately, but much more so with the Maine Shrimp. And yes, they are a PITA to peel, but the shells and heads make a good stock. $4.99-$5.99 a pound is about the going price for shell on around here, but I am sure Skinnywater will soon chime in and kill us saying he is paying about $2 at the dock up by him...........;)

prob 80 cents! You eat em raw? I usually only cook them for like 60 seconds max just to kind of warm them up. I may just scarf them raw if im feelin lazy.

SIM/reed422 check out my other post. Tonight I think we are going out for Indian, 9inches of snow yesterday so I need something spicy. Tomorrow we are headed for hard water so hopefully we will be having LL Salmon tomorrow night. Sunday I think I will pick up some head on shrimp and make something with pasta.

Meatballs, Sauasage, and pasta tonight. Rice pasta for Donna and regular for the rest of us.

Pizza or stuffed pockets tomorrow with the leftover meat from tonight. I'm making a ton of sauce with tonight's dinner, so that'll go either for pizza sauce or dipping sauce.

Debating on the rest of the weekend.

My 15 yr old volunteered to make beef stew and serve it in a homeless shelter (church) tonight (which means I am volunteered as well), with a few other boys/parents from his scout troop. We'll be leaving straight from his fencing practice tonight so we made the stew yesterday so it just needs to be reheated.

Nice father/son time sharing duties in the kitchen and collaborating. He uses a simple recipe meant to cook outdoors in a dutch oven, so I showed him a few things we could do with a kitchen and full pantry to make it a little better.

I was asked to make pulled pork sandwiches by a neighbor for Sunday's Giants game, so I called in my order and will be picking up two boston butts later. BTW, I cannot find boston butts that haven't had the blade bone removed. My butcher opined that it won't change the flavor, but I am having a hard time convincing myself that the bone wouldn't be adding flavor. Then again, there is so much going on with a butt in the first place, he might be right.

:th:

Good for your son. A Scout is kind......

I would have changed my plans the instant I saw those shrimp.