Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
GeneralSwimBait

Can u believe the nerve of this guy?

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

so i was eye balling that new powerpro slick 8 for my saltist on ebay and i made the purchase on december 15, 2011 from a seller who had what i wanted. 65lb/300 in marine blue coming from pennsylvania at a great price and shipping charge. but here's the problem he took my $ a week b4 xmas and i know it's a ways aways from fishing season but i finally a week after xmas get an email from the guy saying he didn't have blue but he had it posted and he took my $ what's this guys deal im thinking. he was wicked rude via email so at this point i decided whatever i'll take some yellow for night fishing with my penn battle and still it took almost 2 weeks for me to recieve it. so after all was said and done i gave him bad rating for jerking me around and he gets even more mad saying he wasnt perfect but i dont care i just want marine blue line maybe u should just keep me happy and send it free. so he does but the idiot sent me MORE hi-vis yellow which in return makes me :mad: because really i've had enough back and forth with the Jimmy from James Tackle and i guarentee if he says send it back i wont ever get it back. never again will i let a good price decide me. i guess i'll pay more from some1 who has 100% feedback rating. i didnt think that 99.5% was so bad but now i know why i wont ever be so trust worthy with these sellers ever again. so much for giving him the benefit of the doubt!

anybody interested in trying this stuff lmk...

So i had an extra roll and nobody said they wanted it so i ended giving to my dad for all his knowledge he's shared with me over the years.. But i finally got what i wanted in marine blue and it looks sick on my new rod. U think im obsessed?

I think it matches pretty good!!!:drool:

Nice......kinda matches the baby room too!!..........:)

That's actually my living room but thanks! i can't see it being any different from the rest of the 8 braid weave lines on the market. i used sufix 832 #50 & 65 last year but i guess but a whole new set up is gonna make a world of difference in my book.. haven't used pp in a long time i never had any luck what so ever with their original 4 weave braid so we'll see how it is in the spring..

There are sellers that post items for sale and the seller doesnt even have the item in hand. When the bidding closes the seller buys the item online from a big name store using that stores credit card and provides your address for the delivery. The seller earns reward points from the store and any $$ from the EBAY transaction for an additional "handling charge" etc . I know a guy who does real well at this selling hunting & fishing items year round. He says you would not believe how many people on EBAY do not research the value and availabilty from the big box stores of an item. They just bid with reckless abandon which is his gain.

Sounds like your seller may have been doing this and ordered the item but it was back ordered. You did the right thing by posting a negative this guy. The better sellers would have kept you in the loop and eventually offered you a alternative or returned your money.

I've often wondered about whether someone was doing that.

I'll see an item on Ebay that is listed for significantly more than what I just saw it on BPS or Cab's website for (as I always comparison shop) or just plain outrageously priced. Does it make me a dirtbag for having the same idea ? :D

Does it make me a dirtbag for having the same idea ? :D

Not at all! I think it is called Free Enterprise . :D

He just list the minimum reserve $$ to cover his cost of purchase. He makes a little more on the handling charge. (it takes alot to handle a keyboard;))

So i had an extra roll and nobody said they wanted it so i ended giving to my dad for all his knowledge he's shared with me over the years.. But i finally got what i wanted in marine blue and it looks sick on my new rod. U think im obsessed?

I think it matches pretty good!!!:drool:

Nice setup... i see why you wanted the blue!

Nice setup... i see why you wanted the blue!

an exact match the for saltist on the rod wrap is what i wanted. as soon as i saw the marine blue pp line and then i saw $199 for the reel it was pretty easy from there!! im quite happy with it if i might add i just can't wait to use it already. april vacation i'll be doing some fishing with it for sure:D

Did you see the recent article in Field and Stream on fish's ability to see color. I think it was back in October. Scientists from right in our back yard (WHOI) found that, contrary to popular belief, most salt water fish are not completely color blind. They cited Yellow and Blue as the two colors fish can detect. Sorry bro...just use looong leader.

BTW....Just effing with you...bored out of my mind!!

Setup looks great, and the baby looks cute as heck!!

Enjoy both!

I was gonna say i never heard that. i would think blue line is gonna be the lowest visibility possible down the canal.. Thanks she get her good looks from me!!