Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sjbkicker39

Making Teaser Leaders Help

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

I generally do a cinch knot to a barrel swivel, 6-8 inches of leader and some kind of a loop knot ( i do a surgeons) to the teaser to give it a little more free moving action.

http://www.fishing-khaolak.com/knots/twisted_dropper_loop_steps.html

The twisted dropper loop is the best dropper loop i have used. The twisted line keeps the teaser away from the leader better than a standard dropper loop.

I can see how that keeps the hook away from the mainline, but it could be hard to get the twisted line through the hook eye.

If you want to try a regular dropper loop, search animated knots by grog, dropper loop.

I find it helpful to put the loop around something like a sand spike to keep it from closing too much as you tighten it.

Lots of threads here about how to set up teaser riigs, some with diagrams, earch and you will see. Generally 2 schools of thought: 1. Attach teaser leader to the swivel thar connects main line to leader; 2. Attach teaser leader to dropper loop in leader. I prefer this option since it seems to lead to less tangling and makes it easy to put on/take off teaser leader. (Also, I don't use swivel so that option is out!)