Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mofish

Welding Classes

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Are you looking for a career, or basic how to's in sticking two pieces of metal together. I can't help with the career, but I could give you some pointers if you want.

Looking for a career in welding. Electric Boat holds classes? I remember couple of years ago CCRI having classes but can't find anything classes now.

If you apply for a job as a welder and get in, you will learn more about welding than you ever dreamed bud. Now would be the time to start looking there too. They just cut the ribbon on a brand new bay and are ramping up. You get paid while you learn. Lots of guys work there and also have their own "side businesses" welding. Every kind of welding imaginable. If you are on the fence about whatever job you have, EB is one of the few companies in the area currently expanding.

Certified Welding LLC - 4012631011 they are in hope valley

Thielsch Welding School - 401 467 6454 in craaaaaaanston

Contact RI Department of Labor and training. They may help you with some of the tuition. I've thought about it getting back into it too. It's a good job with good $$ potential, but it can be tough work and hot as hell. I wanted to be an underwater welder for a long time. Until one talked me out of at least.

Good luck to you! I took a course at one of the tech high schools as an adult back in Ct. Try some of those here in RI. They might be able to help you out. EB sounds like a good deal if they'll pay you to learn. It's a good job to have, summer does get hot, but there's a down side to any job, at least you'll be working ;)

You could check out the steel yard in Providence. I don't think it's the answer if you are looking for a career in welding but it looks like an affordable way to get started.

thanks for posting.. I'd love to take that blacksmithing class