Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
digger

My son is getting some ink today

Rate this topic

74 posts in this topic

My son is 18 years old and he has decided to get a tat on his arm. I think he's getting it today. I'm not sure I want to go straight home after work. Maybe I'll stop in the Elk's Lodge or the Clarksburg Inn for a few drinks first :(

I'll be interested to learn what he gets.

I've met him, and the kid oozes cool. Must get it from his mom. I dunno.

For some people ink just works. I think Jr. may be one of them. I know I couldn't pull it off.

I hope you aren't disappointed digger.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kings over Queens View Post

For some people ink just works. I think Jr. may be one of them. I know I couldn't pull it off.

You should try.

We'd love to see you try.

I told him that the swastica on the forehead has panache:)

Seriously.. He's a good kid and an excellent student, and he's always made good decisions. blah, blah, blah.

I told him that I really don't see the need but I'm over 50 so what do I know??

I turned him on to really good music at a young age and "Soulshine" in various versions from Warren Haynes and the Allman Bros is his favorite song. He considers it his anthem. The concept as he interprets it, is his guidance through life. He wrote a 30 page essay on it for a critical writing class and it blew his prof. away.

He's looking to put "Soulshine" on his bicep. It was really just a matter of picking the right font and layout. I guess there's worse things a young guy can do, but having been through several "phases" in my own life, I just hope he doesn't get tired of it when he's 30.

Thanks KOQ. I know he's a really good kid. He's always been more comfortable with adults than with kids. I've been told by more than one person that he has an "Old Soul"

I'm not really dissapointed in him for getting a little ink, but my generation still associates it with either the military or outlaw behavior, and it's hard for me to see it as more than just a passing yothful fad.