ME/NH Ice get together

Rate this topic

Jsty093083

Hey all,

Wanted to see if anyone's up for getting together this year in ME/NH to do some fishing. Got together with a few guys last year and had fun, didnt catch anything lol but had fun. Im thinking someone else pick the lake this time since I picked a dud last year. Me and my buddy are game for anywhere in NH or Southern ME.

Jared.

PS If you come Tobias, try not to get smashed into at the boat ramp again.

Hey all,

Wanted to see if anyone's up for getting together this year in ME/NH to do some fishing. Got together with a few guys last year and had fun, didn't catch anything lol but had fun. Im thinking someone else pick the lake this time since I picked a dud last year. Me and my buddy are game for anywhere in NH or Southern ME.

Jared.

PS If you come Tobias, try not to get smashed into at the boat ramp again.

I am game, My vote is for sabago but as there is no ice there yet that is out.

PS thanks for reminding me of that ;)

Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after, If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles

I am game, My vote is for sabago but as there is no ice there yet that is out.

PS thanks for reminding me of that ;)

Ya im thinking Feburary would be a good month to aim for, mid or so depending on people schedules. The way the weathers been its gonna be awhile on some bodies of water before the ice is great. Ill keep an eye on this post to see who else is game, coppertrout and the others that came last year.

Well.....we would have to see what everyone was up to. We did Great East last year and didnt catch a fish between 5 of us lol. There are other options. Horn pond just south of Great East is one. Fished that last year and saw quite a few trout caught. Its not listed but a guy pulled a laker out of it as well when I was there. Must have made it way down from Great East as they are connected with a River/Stream. Im up for whatever, its all what everyone else wants to do. Id just love to get into some fish this time lol.

Well.....we would have to see what everyone was up to. We did Great East last year and didnt catch a fish between 5 of us lol. There are other options. Horn pond just south of Great East is one. Fished that last year and saw quite a few trout caught. Its not listed but a guy pulled a laker out of it as well when I was there. Must have made it way down from Great East as they are connected with a River/Stream. Im up for whatever, its all what everyone else wants to do. Id just love to get into some fish this time lol.

Back in the day, GE was a very good bass lake. But that was when I was a kid visiting my grandparents back in the 60s. :b40:

-bd

Pfantum Pfishah

Actually im thinking a border lake would be better. Not up for buying a 60+ dollar out of state for maine at the moment. So we have Great east, Horn pond, or i found another called Lower Kimball pond. its on page 10 in the maine delorme or page 41 in the NH one. From what i can find it lists:

Brown trout

Minnows

Rainbow smelt

Golden shiner

Smallmouth bass

Common shiner

Largemouth bass

White sucker

White perch

Hornpout (bullhead)

Yellow perch

Pumpkinseed sunfish

Chain pickerel

American eel.

I cant seem to find out any more about it tho. Its not listed on the NH site as a trout pond so ice fishing should be OK, not sure of motors and such tho, may have to bring the hand auger as its a small pond.

Horn i have fished both on the ice and in my boat, and had decent luck in the boat. Browns, Rainbows and some Yellow Perch in the boat, and I watched a guy pull a Laker out of the deep spot last winter.(He kept trying to tell me it was a spake...Doubtful) Its nice and small, and its 5 traps each so if we get 4-5 guys we can really cover some area.

If we do Great East, its 2 traps each and huge. Im fine either way, but Horn may be a more active day, with Great east giving the chance for a real nice laker.

still not alote of ice on sabago not a nuff for a group of any size to go out on really, I am up for a border lake grate east is were we went last year right? is there anothere place to assess the lake seams like we need to get out f that cove

Many men fish all their lives without ever realizing that it is not the fish they are after, If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles