Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HatterasJack

Sad commenary on Marine Corps troopers ...

Rate this topic

67 posts in this topic

"The Marine Corps said the actions portrayed in the clip, which was posted online but has not yet been verified, were not consistent with its values.

The footage shows four men in military fatigues appearing to urinate on three apparently lifeless men.

A man's voice is heard saying: "Have a great day, buddy."

'Disgusting and immoral'

The men lying on the ground have brown skin, bare feet and are dressed in loose-fitting outfits. One appears to be covered in blood.

The men in military fatigues seem aware that they are being filmed.

Pentagon spokesman Capt John Kirby said in a statement: "We are deeply troubled by the video.

"Whoever it is, and whatever the circumstances - which we know is under investigation - it is egregious behaviour and unacceptable for a member of the military."

Marine Corps headquarters at the Pentagon said in a statement: "The actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps. This matter will be fully investigated.''

The Council on American-Islamic Relations said the video, if verified, showed behaviour that was totally unbecoming of US military personnel.

"We condemn this apparent desecration of the dead as a violation of our nation's military regulations and of international laws of war prohibiting such disgusting and immoral actions,'' the group wrote in a letter faxed to Defence Secretary Leon Panetta.

In a separate case, the US military has been prosecuting five soldiers from the Army's 5th Stryker Brigade who are accused of killing Afghan civilians during their deployment in Kandahar province in 2010."

not good

Jack, There is no such thing as a Marine trooper.

Good, bad or stupid if they are Marines, the Marine Corps will have them up on charges.

If found guilty of disobeying orders they will do Brig time and receive Dishonorable discharges.

Four individuals can not wipe out the Honorable service Marines has given this nation for 237 years.

"The Marine Corps said the actions portrayed in the clip, which was posted online but has not yet been verified, were not consistent with its values.

The footage shows four men in military fatigues appearing to urinate on three apparently lifeless men.

A man's voice is heard saying: "Have a great day, buddy."

'Disgusting and immoral'

The men lying on the ground have brown skin, bare feet and are dressed in loose-fitting outfits. One appears to be covered in blood.

The men in military fatigues seem aware that they are being filmed.

Pentagon spokesman Capt John Kirby said in a statement: "We are deeply troubled by the video.

"Whoever it is, and whatever the circumstances - which we know is under investigation - it is egregious behaviour and unacceptable for a member of the military."

Marine Corps headquarters at the Pentagon said in a statement: "The actions portrayed are not consistent with our core values and are not indicative of the character of the Marines in our Corps. This matter will be fully investigated.''

The Council on American-Islamic Relations said the video, if verified, showed behaviour that was totally unbecoming of US military personnel.

"We condemn this apparent desecration of the dead as a violation of our nation's military regulations and of international laws of war prohibiting such disgusting and immoral actions,'' the group wrote in a letter faxed to Defence Secretary Leon Panetta.

In a separate case, the US military has been prosecuting five soldiers from the Army's 5th Stryker Brigade who are accused of killing Afghan civilians during their deployment in Kandahar province in 2010."

not good

In any city in the United States, or world for that matter, of 100K people there are going to be rotten apples. Add the stress of being shot at and people trying to blow you up and that will just magnify the flaws of the weak. I'm not excusing them by any means. As an American citizen I'm extremely proud of how 99.9% or our military personnel handle themselves under the absolute worst of conditions.

NCIS is on the job and will track them down.

Of course the mutalations and beaheading of American troops is just another day in paradise and the enemy who does it gets minmal condemnation for it by our press and the libs. There is even some of our folks who believe our guys had it coming to them.

I don't support the unrination acts, but just wanted to point out the double standard, one more time.

Pissing on the bodies of enemys has been going on since before the cavemen started to scratch the earth and plant crops. Lets hope this ingnorance doesn't cause out leaders to reduce our troops ability to defend themselves or limit their ability to close and kill the enemy.

NCIS is on the job and will track them down.

Of course the mutalations and beaheading of American troops is just another day in paradise and the enemy who does it gets minmal condemnation for it by our press and the libs. There is even some of our folks who believe our guys had it coming to them.

I don't support the unrination acts, but just wanted to point out the double standard, one more time.

Pissing on the bodies of enemys has been going on since before the cavemen started to scratch the earth and plant crops. Lets hope this ingnorance doesn't cause out leaders to reduce our troops ability to defend themselves or limit their ability to close and kill the enemy.

agreed

but why video it ? that's the perplexing part (unless it proves to be bogus)

agreed

but why video it ? that's the perplexing part (unless it proves to be bogus)

If it isn't bogus:

1. They did what they did because it gives them satisfaction, and when they replay the video they will be satisfied again.

2. The video also has a "bragging rights" aspect.

I'll just wager that this, if shown to be true, will generate a lot more whining from some than do the beheadings of American men and women by these freakin' maggots!

haha so much for taking the highroad I suppose. I hear it's a better view. I'm by no means being sympathetic towards the death of those insurgents. They got what was coming. That's war, and quite frankly, they started it. My only point is that there is still honor in war and taking a life shouldn't be something to brag about much less enjoy. Sending bodies that were treated like that back to families is only going to create more hate towards the US and that's not what the end goal should be.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RJ View Post

^^^^^       

Well, there it is! Add this to the innocent women and children blown up, when it comes to sympathy for these subhuman dirtbags, I'm fresh out.

Not good behavior by the Marines who did it. They will get disciplined for it. As are the soldiers who killed innocent civilians for the thrill of it. Stress of war breaks some men down to really bad behavior sometimes. That is why the military should always stress honor above all, to help control those worse impulses in all our natures.

Having said that, are these two incidents getting the play in our honest and forthright media that Abu Graib and Haditha did? If not, why do you think that is? :shock:

Not good behavior by the Marines who did it. They will get disciplined for it. As are the soldiers who killed innocent civilians for the thrill of it. Stress of war breaks some men down to really bad behavior sometimes. That is why the military should always stress honor above all, to help control those worse impulses in all our natures.

Having said that, are these two incidents getting the play in our honest and forthright media that Abu Graib and Haditha did? If not, why do you think that is? :shock:

I don't know Hawker, I just looked and it is the lead story on CNN. With a number of links to sub-stories.

The Headline is Shock, outrage over Marine urination video

So I suppose my informal two second look suggest it is getting play in the media. Did you not think it was?

I am not sure if it will get the same airplay, since their is that initial shock factor the first time an issue makes the news (for example a twister has to be real destructive these days to get past the weather segments) and what else is in the news.

I don't know Hawker, I just looked and it is the lead story on CNN. With a number of links to sub-stories.

The Headline is Shock, outrage over Marine urination video

So I suppose my informal two second look suggest it is getting play in the media. Did you not think it was?

I am not sure if it will get the same airplay, since their is that initial shock factor the first time an issue makes the news (for example a twister has to be real destructive these days to get past the weather segments) and what else is in the news.

Hawker is a good guy but I am not him.

No, I don't agree. The "thrill kill" team got hardly any play at all though I have been following it on the internet. As compared to Abu Graib (bad but nobody died) it got nothing. Remember, Abu Graib was up in headlines every day. And so was Haditha, though less when the Marines were found innocent. I don't pretend to have seen all the media coverage but I know Abu Graib was front page in the NYT for almost two weeks. Let us see how long this piss story lasts.