Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muffinman

Tablets Nook color VS Kindle Fire VS Ipad

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Looking to get a tablet, What does everyone have?

Nook Color seems to have amazing reviews, going to try my buddy's sisters.

Kindle Fire seems to be a pretty legit device and a lot of cool features at the best price.

I love my iphone and the IPAD has some pretty sick apps for the boat in addition to the Kindle app.

I have a Samsung Galaxy tab I bought a month ago. Like it a lot. Take it anywhere with wifi from Verizon.. A little expensive at $500.00 though.

I being a long time PC guy, using mostly laptops for the past decade moved after a lot of consideration & research including tablets. I chose an iPad 2, 32 gig wifi only. it does everything I wanted it todo and it's highly portable, excellent battery life. More and more content, including you're own files, photos videos etc are now being stored in the cloud rather than the hard drives. my guess is laptops as we know them today will become less and less relavent.

The iPad has a decent size screen, a virtual key board that's easy to get the hang of. it does lack flash, but it does give you access to 1000s of apps , many are free but almost all of them are well done.

If you wish to read books, magazines, newspapers get some email and brows the Internet, but not type at length on blogs sites, then a kindle fire for 199 might be the way to go. if it will be your primary PC, I would not recommend it, the screen is very small for browsing and typing.

If you like your iPhone you be right at home with iPad, yes it costs more but it has more to offer. also programs, apps will work seamlessly together. you can also get the kindle app for the iPad and access & buy the same periodicals as the fire. The fire is excellent value, perhaps under priced- but if it was only bigger. The iPad will interface with just about any new development in business, and multimedia. And 3rd party developers for both apps, games as well as switching channels or DVR a program on your TV while you are out of town is just the tip of the iceberg of whats coming and currently availale.

I being a long time PC guy, using mostly laptops for the past decade moved after a lot of consideration & research including tablets. I chose an iPad 2, 32 gig wifi only. it does everything I wanted it todo and it's highly portable, excellent battery life. More and more content, including you're own files, photos videos etc are now being stored in the cloud rather than the hard drives. my guess is laptops as we know them today will become less and less relavent.

The iPad has a decent size screen, a virtual key board that's easy to get the hang of. it does lack flash, but it does give you access to 1000s of apps , many are free but almost all of them are well done.

If you wish to read books, magazines, newspapers get some email and brows the Internet, but not type at length on blogs sites, then a kindle fire for 199 might be the way to go. if it will be your primary PC, I would not recommend it, the screen is very small for browsing and typing.

If you like your iPhone you be right at home with iPad, yes it costs more but it has more to offer. also programs, apps will work seamlessly together. you can also get the kindle app for the iPad and access & buy the same periodicals as the fire. The fire is excellent value, perhaps under priced- but if it was only bigger. The iPad will interface with just about any new development in business, and multimedia. And 3rd party developers for both apps, games as well as switching channels or DVR a program on your TV while you are out of town is just the tip of the iceberg of whats coming and currently availale.

I like the kindle app for iphone and it doesn't bother me.

I work a job where I can pretty much do it in my sleep (Customer service for a local company) and a lot of people read. I don't like carrying books and I can read on a tablet but not my iphone (policy :confused:). I also want to try and educate myself a little and get a few certificaitons and want to study before I take the course as I am not very good when it comes to tests (fine i'll admit i'm a moron) and absorbing things unless I am doing it hands on.

I'll have to steal the girl i'm datings kindle fire. I'll have to steal my Dads ipad when he comes up from PA next.

Got my wife a Fire. Seems like a very nice item. The only thing that's not going over well is the size/weight ratio. Feels like it's made of lead. Very heavy for it's size.

I use a hacked Nook Color,  that I replaced the B&N firmware with CM7. This is the reader, not the tablet. You can pick up a refurb (that you can't tell from new) for $129. It's now a full-featured tablet that runs most anything from the Android Market, including Flash. Have both Nook and Kindle apps installed so I can pickup books from either place. I like the 7" size, still fits in my pocket if I want. I can see where others might prefer the 10" screen of the IPad, Galaxy, etc.

You might need to be a little bit of a geek, but it's definitely one of the best tablet values for the features you get. If you can handle installing Windows on a PC you can definitely handle a firmware replacement on the Nook Color.

I got a Nook Tablet, not to be confused with the Nook color, three days ago and so far I'm loving it. Converted from a Kobo after breaking my second one. Easily converted all my Kobo books to the Nook. HD Video tons of apps....I cant find anything bad about it yet.

Being at the tip of old I used to laugh at all of these toys and then my daughter got one (Ipad2 16G) for Christmas and other than the FLASH thing all I can say is Damnnnnnn.

With wife and 3 teenage daughter's, I have just about 1 of each in the house..........the Kindle Fire is a great tool......but the IPAD is heads and tails above any tablet reader......I got the 7" Samsung Galaxy Tablet for Christmas, and while I love it small portable size, it can't carry the Ipad's jock. BUT I'm online anywhere anytime with the 4g Verizon hotspot tool.