Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
likwid

Pamet River ramp?

Rate this topic

13 posts in this topic

Very good. I can launch the 33 there at all tides now. Ramp fees are $10 unless the ***** that runs.the ramp changes his mind that day or just for you (has happened to me several times) parking is fair most times. However if you go and get shut put on parking there are not any fallback nearby.

Very good. I can launch the 33 there at all tides now. Ramp fees are $10 unless the ***** that runs.the ramp changes his mind that day or just for you (has happened to me several times) parking is fair most times. However if you go and get shut put on parking there are not any fallback nearby.

when you park your truck be sure not to go outside the lines. you will get a note under your wiper lol. Pamet is great though, onlt 9mi to race point and sometimes there are pogies up in there in the fall

I used to think the old guy who runs the ramp used to be a little too anal in his "running a tight ship" approach to parking in the lot. That is until one July morning when the parking lot was totally screwed up by 5 badly parked trucks and trailers. They came in early, parked really stupidly and went off fishing. The next guys in parked, then it got tougher and tougher for everybody else. There were 5 or 6 slots that were unable to be accessed. I was fuming as I drove back towards Sesuit to launch.

It's not a big lot, so now I cut the old guy a lot of slack in his trying to manage the lot.

That old guy is great. Talk your ear off if you give him the chance. Very informative if you give him the time of day. Just gotta wade thru the "angry old fart" b.s.... I wish I had a video camera this summer. He could be a sitcom character, like frank costanza or cosmo kramer.

Yeah, the old guy really is a hoot. I'm pretty sure he's an old retired Navy man. It sure shows in his no nonsense attitude. But your right, if you talk to him, he'll bend your ear.

Just for a joke I asked him with a straight face if I could get a permanent mooring in the harbor. I thought he was going to wet himself.

After I was back on the trailer , in the interest of "poking the bear"I told him I didnt have ten bucks on me. He said he had a button in the shack that would summon crusiers from every town on the cape in 5 minutes. I ponied up.

Yeah, the old guy really is a hoot. I'm pretty sure he's an old retired Navy man. It sure shows in his no nonsense attitude. But your right, if you talk to him, he'll bend your ear.

Just for a joke I asked him with a straight face if I could get a permanent mooring in the harbor. I thought he was going to wet himself.

the guy you are talking about is siby he is nearing 90 and yes he cracks the whip if you park on the lines, one time he made me get out of my truck and park some ones elses boat trailer, way to funny

I have always been treated fairly there and have never seen them charge anyone differently. I did park outside the lines once, I was not paying attention.:)

Ramp is not steep, 10 a day, 165 a season for ramp launch and parking. The low tide depth (3'-5') seems to be good, although you need to be more precise. The steel ramp to the floating dock is steeper than the boat ramp.

I have always been treated fairly there and have never seen them charge anyone differently. I did park outside the lines once, I was not paying attention.:)

Ramp is not steep, 10 a day, 165 a season for ramp launch and parking. The low tide depth (3'-5') seems to be good, although you need to be more precise. The steel ramp to the floating dock is steeper than the boat ramp.

yup 165 keeps you from having to deal with all that daily paper work

Launching is not a problem, but on the way out through the stone breakwaters you have to stay within the channel markers. There is a bad ass pile of rocks on the left side (facing the ocean) that is covered at higher water. Also if the water is real low, and you've picked your motor up a bit, you have to keep it up for a while after leaving the jetties. It's pretty shallow with a sandbar a couple hundred feet out.