Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Soundfisher

Dubious Sausage

Rate this topic

37 posts in this topic

So there's a pound of ground sausage in the back of the fridge. Three weeks past expiration date. Sort of a gray tinge. Covered in a little white slime. I thought I heard it make some fizzling noise, but that had to be my imagination running rampant.

Go or no go?

dubious sausage. another good one. mcnifty is really missing it today.

i think you go there. cook it, what can go wrong? you could of brought it on vacation or wherever you went ya know. you can do that.

So there's a pound of ground sausage in the back of the fridge. Three weeks past expiration date. Sort of a gray tinge. Covered in a little white slime. I thought I heard it make some fizzling noise, but that had to be my imagination running rampant.

Go or no go?

Definitely a "Go."

The fizzling sound might be from some kind of "fermentation" process or outgassing from the the rotting meat.

This even though it's cold in the refrigerator which, I think, would tend to quell a "fermentation" process.

dubious sausage. another good one. mcnifty is really missing it today.

i think you go there. cook it, what can go wrong? you could of brought it on vacation or wherever you went ya know. you can do that.

Otter: I suggest the sausage be shipped forthwith to mcnifty; he can use Drummer Monkey as a guxxea pig to test the sausage's fitness for human consumption.

My response, of course, was dependent on whether he was by chance "Bobbitt'ed" and was saving it for a convenient hospital appointment......in that case, give it a go, but I fear that even the staff at Grey's Anatomy may not be able to help you, and even if "successful", I doubt it will work the way it used to.........

;)