Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PlugnChug

Wader opinions needed

Rate this topic

25 posts in this topic

After going through a pair of Hodgman wadelite's in less than a year I'm shopping for another pair of breathable bootfoot rubber tread waders.I am hoping to get at least 5 years out of the next pair as i will be spending a lot more money.Simms goretex bootfoot 300.00,or LLBEAN westbranch breathables with rubber stealth soles 250.00 ? any feedback on these will be a big help.

I forked out $299 for Simms lugsole bootfoots

they are great never a problem after wearing 2-1/2 years hard use the right toe/arch sole started to come off due to sand creeping in , so I called Simms warranty dept [NICE] they said to try to repair myself with a glue they suggested if it didnt work call them. It didnt so i called them and they said send them in. after a week they tested them and deduced that I would need repalcment boots and they repaired several pinholes and a tear [ I didnt even notice] + replaced the well used flip out chest pocket. They mentioned that I might get a new pair if they failed the checkup.

so after hard use surf/jetty/wading 2 & 1/2 years i got serviced in a week and 1/2 for the cost of shipping $12

I wore them last week all was good.

They all suck. Been around the horn and they all leak in a year or two even the good ones.

Buying cheap for now on and will just replace them when needed.

I have Orvis sivler labels. Started to leak so I emptied a full tube of aquaseal and a can of silicon spray on them. Water tight again. smile.gif

They are super comfy and I didn't have the time/ money for return/replace options.

I got the Simms Goretex bootfoots and they are dynamite. icon14.gif Lifetime warranty until they are worn out. Great customer service and they stand behind their product. The sole (not felt sole) separated from the boot after 2 years of hard use and they replaced the waders with a new pair pronto.

get a pair of neoprene that you can abuse. i have a pair of the silver label orvis and love them and they are comfortable. but fishing around rocks i'd rather have a durable pair of neoprenes. plus i just got the breathables and they are already leaking.

OH I nearly forgot along with a great repair service Simms sent a really cool big sticker & a bottle of revivex in the box, all part of the service!

I also have a simms jacket......but thats another thread.

Two sets of breathables leaking in 12-14 months redface.gif

Going with rugged bootfoot neos again next year.

Mike, try running a thin layer of aquaseal around all the seams. They end up looking like plaid pants, but should work.

Rich, I sent you a PM but decided all of the boys might be interested in this. Any one who has the SL waders from Orvis...they are recalling them as they all leaked, boots split and are giving refunds. Call Orvis 1800 635 7635 for info on this recall.

D.J.

Their XT's are awesome but expensive!

Mike D is right. They all seem to leak after 2 1/2 seasons in my experience, even top of the line Simms and Orvis. I have had great customer service from Orvis and haven't had to pay for my last 3 pairs of breathables from them. I just returned a pair of Silver Label bootfoots to them and also learned of the recall they have issued on them. They allowed me to upgrade to the new Tailwater XT model for only a $60 difference. I just didn't want to wait until January until the Silver Labels are in stock again. (They would have given me these for no charge) I am about to send in my Simms pair too and try their customer service for the first time, but the dealer assured me they are top notch also.

I have 2 pairs of Orvis Silver labels 1 felt sole and 1 felt/studs. Orvis sent me the recall on both, the felt soles are 5yrs old. They said I could keep useing them untill they have stock after the first of the year. Great Co.

longcaster clapping.gif