Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
onelife_onechance_

What was your best day out fishing last season.

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Be nice to hear of some of the good days last year to rev up a little for next.

For me it was a day out on the canal. Hit a slug of nice fish, took a 48", 30+lb striper with a handful of others that were not to far behind. Also helped a guy who when trying to lift up a 40"+ striper broke his line and lost it in the rock, I was nice enough to climb down and ended up knee deep in water and managed to pull the striper out. Then to finish off the day as I was heading back to my truck, I saw a father and son fishing and the sone was amazed at the striper I had. So after a little small talk about how fishing hasn't gone too well, I reached into my bag and took out a couple of lures that weren't beat up and gave them to the kid. Slowly I made my way on stopping about 40 yards away to have a quick smoke when I heard the kid yell, "I GOT ONE!" with some coaching from his father he managed to pull up a roughly 24" bass and in its mouth was one of the lures that I had just gave them.

That was by far my best day out fishing ever.

Great story Years back my wife would say ,take the boys fishing. When I got back she would say did you have a good time honey. I would think to myself, how all I did was bait up one hook after another. I would take my kids and their friends. Today they all fish and are good fishermen. They alway ask if I want to go. They go for Tuna and other fish off the bank. To this day I fish with my sons and their friends all the time. THANKS TO MY WIFE.

I can't wait to bring my daughter fishing, she will be three in may and will be getting her very own rods, one for sweetwater and one for salt for when I go schoolie fishing, get some sea worms and drift them out. It is going to be a ton of fun, and I cannot wait!

my best day had sort of an ominous ending last yaer..  a buddy and I landed several dozen bass from 14" to nearly 38" at the west end... out to bbay for easy limits of big 4-5# seabass, and I was fortunate enough to land 4 fluke from 21-23" (he took the skunk on fluke)... Unforutuntealy on the way back to the barn his motor blew a cylinder and we had to slowly limp back in.