Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcarmen

Teasers

Rate this topic

6 posts in this topic

It appears to me that the photo is of a tube fly tied on a brass, or brass colored tube. If this is true, then a quick internet search for "tube fly brass tubes" should help you find what you are looking for.

Tube flies certainly have their niche, not sure I would use them as teasers though. However, to each their own. Good luck and good tying.

Different type of teaser, used on Flounder rigs a lot. I buy that type brass rivet from a guy who lives in Milton DE. I've known him for many years and see him each winter at one of the local flea market type fishing shows. I think he makes & supplies some tackle shops with flounder rigs, but otherwise I've only known him to sell at small shows.

His name is Frank, but I can't recall his last name.

You could buy large size pop rivets & remove the centers. They're made in different metals. Aluminum will work, but in saltwater will corrode faster than brass. Stainless is available too, but will be expensive. Steel would work too, but again will corrode. I don't know if they're made in brass.

You can also try Jann's Netcraft, Lure Parts Online ( Stamina), Barlow's Tackle or Hagen's Tackle. All of these have websites & handle various lure making components. I don't know if any of them have that type of rivet, but it's worth a look. I have seen the finished teasers on some of their websites in the past.

I have also seen some similar plastic cone parts, made for tying the mylar teasers that are inserted inside of plastic squids. That may be another alternative.

cmdrzog, good call! I just got their catalog in the mail! They have them listed on page 38. brass, $7.90 per 100 :D