OK HERE WE GO AGAIN

Rate this topic

RR if you are talking about the Century Sling Shot 1327(11' 2-5oz) the rating is dead on. If you are talking about the Century 11' Stealth it's a bit over rated weight class wise. Century has it at 1-5 I would say it's more of a 1-3.5oz. We have a new version of the 11' Stealth that is more of a 2-4oz rod. Come check us out at one of the shows and see for yourself. We will be in Long Island at the Islandia show Feb 3-5, RISAA March 9-11 and MASSBASS March 24-25. We will be at other shows tis Spring but those are the closest to you. The Sling Shot is a mod-fast action while the Stealth is more of a moderate action.

US Century Distributor

RR if you are talking about the Century Sling Shot 1327(11' 2-5oz) the rating is dead on. If you are talking about the Century 11' Stealth it's a bit over rated weight class wise. Century has it at 1-5 I would say it's more of a 1-3.5oz. We have a new version of the 11' Stealth that is more of a 2-4oz rod. Come check us out at one of the shows and see for yourself. We will be in Long Island at the Islandia show Feb 3-5, RISAA March 9-11 and MASSBASS March 24-25. We will be at other shows tis Spring but those are the closest to you. The Sling Shot is a mod-fast action while the Stealth is more of a moderate action.

US Century Distributor

about the stealth.....really? That's a little disappointing, I was hoping it would be ok for up to 4...when did the new version come out?

about the stealth.....really? That's a little disappointing, I was hoping it would be ok for up to 4...when did the new version come out?

same here 1-5 but really up to 3.5 ? How do the two actions compare? Why does it always have to be so confusing?

I have both right here, let me post a pic of them side by side, guides are taped on, line run through the guides and taped where the reel seat will be

in a bend test alone, the stealth is MUCH softer than the 1327, and I have cast someone else's as well, only threw a 2.5oz pencil but he said he has thrown up to a 5oz tin no problem.

I would say the stealth is going to make a great pencil/eel rod and the 1327 is going to be good for big wood and tins, but it will also work a pencil if you're using braid.

alright....rods are set up with a 25" butt. 7 lowrider guides, 20-16-12-10-8-8-8. Rod butts are sitting in chair rungs, 4.5' off the floor, supported 3" behind the reel seat. sorry for the bad pics, using my iphone, no buddies to hold rods

both rods with 4oz GRS giants 24" off the tip. stealth bends to right behind the 5th guide, 1327 is almost straight

[img=

rods with the 4oz GRS and a wrench (8oz?) stealth tip is about 30" off the floor, pike tail is touching, 1327 bent to behind 4th guide.

http://www.stripersonline.com/image/id/2788615/width/600/height/448]

the stealth bends evenly with a load on, the faster action of the 1327 is much more apparent.

I played with the rods with the pikes hanging off the end, it's clear that the 1327 would have no problem throwing the Giants, what I want to use it for, the stealth seems ok at that weight too, but I would be careful throwing anything that weight or heavier.

once I get the butts all built up I'm going to throw the rods with the taped guides in a field to see how the layout is. The 1327 I tried had this layout with a VS200 and I think it was great, I was getting good distance with a 2.5oz pencil, but wish I had thrown a 3oz tin to really load the rod.

They're both setup with the stripper at 43" from the seat with a 25" butt, spacing on the 1327 is what CMS recommends with a 24" butt, i copied the same spacing into the stealth for this test and it looks good, the butt guide on the 1327 is right at the ferrule, and on the stealth it's 6" above it.

the blanks I have have identical tip diameters, 7.5.

the 1327 fits a 22 buttcap tightly, the stealth is closer to a 20

Unfortunately I think SeaIsleMike is right about the "older" run stealth rods like the one I have, 3.5/4oz does seem to be the top end of the rod. I will be going to both the RISAA show as well as MassBass, and may end up trading/selling this rod for the new stealth if it's better for the heaver loads.

Thanks makomania. Static load tests can't tell the whole story, but they sure do get the story-telling started. No rod is stiffer in use than in a static test.

too true, I will 90% likely be swapping my Stealth for the heavier rod at the RISAA show, I don't want to risk exploding it with a 3.5oz pencil.