Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
albacized

I'm not a big fan of the NHL, but the NFL could learn from this....

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

...How to explain rules and subsequent suspensions. I wish Marchand was never suspended but have no grounds to support an arugment after this presentation (see below)...which not only details the specific rules, the hit itself, the body postures before the hit, but covered a full 16 second sequence prior to the hit which shows the circumstances leading up to the hit...they also included further rationales, including 'repeat offender' and taking the subsequent injury into account...

But I digress - it's not about my own personal feelings on this guy being suspended since I could hardly give a fark either way...what impressed me was the neatness of the entire presentation...I work in the home office of a large retail company and don't think anyone in there can present a presentation as such...compare this to the vaguarity of how the NFL often explains various fines and suspensions...LOL

How about if the NFL adopted the command center for replays in the NHL, seems like 5 to 10 minutes of BS before the football game resumes when the ref goes under the hood to view if the ball it the turf or the hands for a completion. the NHL has one command center for the entire league and usually has an answer within a minute, then game on.