Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tradrodz

My 706 restoration...Check it out

Rate this topic

35 posts in this topic

It looks great. I'm glad to see it was restored very close to the orignal condition.

One of my favorite reels I own. That looks like it just came out of the box. Great job.

^^^

What they said.

I love it great job I hate to see a major overhaul of these precious Penn open face reels trying to make them look like VS with the OBR SLOTS machined through the hub (to disipate the spray) ;)

Nice job

]. Nobody ever gets the paint exactly right.

The repaints always look too glossy.

Yours looks great.

Thanks, It had a little more shine at first but than I wet sanded and buffed it to smooth the finish out and this was the final result. I'm very happy with it! Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Looks great! The picture of the other side of the reel will look awesome great when you shake an original emblem loose. If I had a 706 with emblem I would pry it off and send to you just to complete an excellent job!...........Jack

Looks great! The picture of the other side of the reel will look awesome great when you shake an original emblem loose. If I had a 706 with emblem I would pry it off and send to you just to complete an excellent job!...........Jack

I really I hope I can find one somewhere, it looks naked without the 706 gold medallion. It came with a 704 gold medallion, but I kinda think it's better off without any medallion than the incorrect one. But I've kinda came to the realization that finding a 706 gold medallion is a 1 in a million. But thanks for the kind words Jack, it means a lot.