Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
aladormax

New year, new plug

Rate this topic

7 posts in this topic

Hey all I have a plug I made that I had some trouble getting finished. Any suggestions for ways to improve the plug are more then appreciated. I have included a picture for reference and to show what I do.

You may need to go into detail about what you are having trouble with. If you have specific problems start with the search function because most people have already had the same problems. From first glance I would say it looks good and fishable but without size and weight and the action you desire people wont really be able to give much insight.

I had a feeling I would get a response like this. The main action on this plug is a tight wiggle to no action at all depending on the wind and surface chop. It is freshwater only and is about 3 inches long for the body and an inch of tail. The problem with it is that it won't dive at all. It also has never caught a fish but that is my fault for not being able to fully fish it. I have different styles of blade for the tail that I will try if all else fails.

Try bending the lip towards the front of the plug to make more of a diving plane??? I think that the lip would cause the waddle as it is but that spinner is causing too much drag to let it work.

The lip and the colorado blade are counter acting each other and cancelling out the action. If you want the plug to dive, you'll need less of an angle on the lip. If you want a flaptail, lose the lip.

Jigman

Try bending the lip towards the front of the plug to make more of a diving plane??? I think that the lip would cause the waddle as it is but that spinner is causing too much drag to let it work.

Ditto.