Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hunt for blueessss

Orvis is doing their part!

Rate this topic

3 posts in this topic

So my Hydros came today, casted the very first line I owned 80 feet on my first try (cheap second hand line). Love the tip flex and overall feel of the reel. Smoother, sharper casts than any rod I own. Can't wait to try it on the water!

But Orvis is so smart. All of their shipping options (usps, fedex, ups) 5-7 day shipping is $18.95. I thought this was kinda steep, but due to usps struggling I went with them as the best option, especially since they've always done right by me. So I paid the $18.95 and like magic, 36 hours after my payment processed and received confirmation of shipping, I come home today and the rod is leaning against the house. I don't know if they planned this or what, but I'm thankful I didn't have to wait another 3-5 days! Go Orvis for creating a great product and getting it to me so quickly!

They have been great to me too. I had an Access rod tip that broke and they replaced it in less than two weeks. They also provided me insight and info when I was building an Orvis T3 rod last year...

Sandcrab

Say what you want about Orvis as the corporate monster of this industry, you gotta give them props for their rods and customer service.  I've never had a problem dealing with them, in fact, always been surprised be how easy it is to get repairs/exchanges.  

However, I can't say I've ever had much of a problem with any company within the industry.  Everyone seems to buy into the idea of quality products, and/or good service if the product in question happens to be sub-par.