Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
nicks

sinking sluggos

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Anybody use sinking sluggo's for stripers?

I saw these on the lunker city website and I'm wondering if these work like senko's but for saltwater. I had a lot of success this past summer using senkos in freshwater for largemouth bass

I was thinking of getting 4 1/2 inchers for the upcoming season.

Slug-gos , sinking or floating rock. depends on what area of the water column you want to fish. remember that when you rig them they have more weight then when they are in the package.

Arkansas Shiner Slug-gos are the main lure we use up in the Merrimack. They are a great sandeel imitation. We mostly use 6" and 7 1/2" ones but the 4" size works well if there small fish around or the fish are chasing really small eels. . We usually fish them on 3/8 to 3/4 ounce jigheads.

all

thanks for the help. dinhdinh, let me know how you do this season with the sinking sluggos if you try them.

I think I am going to start with the 4 1/2 inch sinking sluggos weedless early in the season and see how it goes (albino shad and black neon for day/night.) . In southern connecticut where I fish there are a lot of small sand eels.

Arkansas Shiner Slug-gos are the main lure we use up in the Merrimack. They are a great sandeel imitation. We mostly use 6" and 7 1/2" ones but the 4" size works well if there small fish around or the fish are chasing really small eels. . We usually fish them on 3/8 to 3/4 ounce jigheads.

good stuff, still use the 9 inch black after dark, no weight on jig heads I made the switch to another soft plastic brand

I've used "SENKO" type baits(YUM dinger) in the 5 inch size for stripers and have done well on them. I threw them on a 1/4 oz jighead and let them sink, swing, and twitch. As for the WEIGHTLESS part? don't know, give it a try. don't see why it wouldn't work.

good stuff

9 inches, rigged with 2 hooks and weight inserts...perfect for bouncing off the bottom in the current...black at night and white during the day...largest striper on artificials to date....

good stuff