Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kamel

First Trip of the Year for Kamel on Lake Champlain

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

[ATTACHMENT=4009]Jan 7, 2012.jpg (41k. jpg file)[/ATTACHMENT]

After a short discussion with my co-worker, Tom K., on Friday regarding the predicted weather for Saturday I couldn't resist calling him on my ride home to invite him for a day on the lake. I was eager to go after my disappointment with not being able to get an early start last Sunday and just trailering my boat around in the afternoon so I could wash it when I got home. Tom was thrilled for the opprotunity to go so we agreed to meet at Converse at 7:30.

It was a beautiful morning and several familiar voices could heard over channel 68 upon hitting the water. Initially I was going to start out near Thompson's Point but then decided to head west and started setting lines a little south of the Essex ferry landing. We trolled south heading towards Split Rock and within 15 mins kicked the skunk off the boat landing a legal 'cookie cutter' salmon. That fish was followed with laker shortly after who was promptly returned to the lake.

We trolled over to Split with little to show for our efforts losing one one the way. We trolled north and were near where we picked up our first fish when Tom yelled at me "Grab that rod!". Our second salmon made it to the boat. This one was a bit better than 'cookie cutter'. One more laker and our day was done.

Fish came at 20' for us. Orange and green MP6 was hot as was a custom blue and silver I taped up. Tom's first Frosbite trip was a sucsess!

Vary nice looking fish indeed, Speaking of nice fish did you here about the Pike caught on Champlain last week? I will see if I can find a pic online saw it some were the outer day, it was a beast thinking it going to be a new record at 41.5 inches long. 22.53 pounds. 21 inch girth but I dont have a clue what the record is