Hummingbird 365i

Anybody having issues with this unit when in shallow water, 3 to 4 ft sometimes with and without a lot of structure. Unit works great in open water. I always have a problem in certain specific areas like the mouth of the Nissequogue river in Long Island. The depth finder goes beserk and starts jumping around to different levels. Transducer is mounted with putty.

I fished with some one who had the same model and he had similar issues at the same spot. Guys usinig eagle had no issues.

Just curious to know if anyone else is having similar issues.

OLC

Active Member: Kayak Fishing Association of New York

.What were the water conditions? Lots of suspended weeds? Silted/dingy? Could you tell if there was a good deal of plankton in the area? Just trying to think outside the box...

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave:

MM,

Over by the nissy it doesn't seem to matter. It may just be the type of bottom surface. It really only happened in this area. Towards the end of the season I was fishing in the western LI sound over a lot of rocky/ boulderish underwater structure a couple of feet under me and the ff started acting up again.

I played with all the setting, changed the sensitivity etc etc. Couldn't fix it. Before I call up Hummingbird I wanted to check if it was a wide spread issue.

Thanks for your thoughts

Active Member: Kayak Fishing Association of New York

MM,

Over by the nissy it doesn't seem to matter. It may just be the type of bottom surface. It really only happened in this area. Towards the end of the season I was fishing in the western LI sound over a lot of rocky/ boulderish underwater structure a couple of feet under me and the ff started acting up again.

I played with all the setting, changed the sensitivity etc etc. Couldn't fix it. Before I call up Hummingbird I wanted to check if it was a wide spread issue.

Thanks for your thoughts

No problem bud. Wish I had an idea :huh:

What does the fish finder show/do when this happens?

If anyone may require dialysis or a kidney transplant, feel free to contact me via this site. I'll be happy to help you through whatever questions you have! :wave:

Call Hbird.

This is an issue with the transducer. Happened to mine too. Give em a call they should send you a new ducer. Great customer service. WAAY better than Eagle/Lowrance.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

MM,

Screen shows depth jumping all over the place. The bottom is also rising and falling.

Shippy,

Yea, gonna have to do that. See you at Jbay this year?

Is it possible that the particular stretch of bottom has a series of holes and bars in quick succession? I'm not familiar with the area at all, so I don't know. :o. Does the bottom lock feature (if the unit has one) work normally in other areas where the depth/contours are reasonably well known? :huh:

Trust me, I'm only tossing ideas out there... I'm not an engineer for any sounder manufacturer. :o

I will be there, all things being equal. Last year was a tough time fishing for the first time since I have been fishing there. Could not figure it out. Did better against the banks than in the channels.

"He's a good stick" - Mr. Miyagi"  ~  "Yep!" - Captain Dingo

"How are you doing that" - Jimmy the Mate  ~  "Shipwreck is one of those guys!" - Capt. Freddy Gamboa

If the gain is turned up sometimes you can get a double return in shallow or hard bottom. signal goes down, bounces back to the surfce and back down ....the processor will read it as double the depth.

#SpinfisherBob  -  Hobie Kayak Fishing

My Home Port is :Graveling Point, Mystic Islands