Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muffinman

Thai food! Where, What and Why? *Nassau/western Suffolk*

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

Tuesday i'm taking my lady friend out to dinner. We both wanted to try Thai food, Never had it before at an actual Thai restaurant, and want to see what the hype is. My buddy and his Girl will most likely come for a double date (unless he poons out). Any Thai restaurant recommendations? What about what to try, what not to try, what I shouldn't do?

SriPraPhai Thai Restaurant - Woodside & Williston, NY Check this out you won't be disappointed.
Absolutely agree! or Arunee 79st off rooservelt in ave(queens ny) they r both very authentic but sriprapai has a more extensive menu.

Sweet Basil in Commack. The menu is Thai Fusion but they do have authentic Thai dishes and they are phenomenal.

good place

here's another in Huntington

Thai Usa

(631) 427-8464

273 New York Ave, Huntington, NY 11743

Here ya go.. " Lemon Tree Grill " in Carle Place on Old Country Road. Same center as 6th Ave elec and Red Lobster. Execelent Thai food. Everyone I've recommended this place to has made it one of their secret places.

Further east - I work with the owner... He's actually a developer for insurance systems but his family owns and operates Lawan in Patchogue. Excellent and authentic

Further east - I work with the owner... He's actually a developer for insurance systems but his family owns and operates Lawan in Patchogue. Excellent and authentic

Been there and they do have good food. Siam Lotus, by the train station is good too.

Galangal in Syosset off Jericho. My favorite Thai restaurant on long Island. Check it out,

http://www.yelp.com/biz/galangal-syosset

I don't understand the few bad reviews but 90% of patrons love it.

For a first timer stick with Chicken Pad Thai, Beef Pad See Ew (drunken noodles), Beef Pad Kee Mau, or the Spicy Basil Eggplant to name a few. Sushi here is also excellent.

Get there for the lunch specials if possible, any noodle dish is $8 or $9 and includes choice of soup or veggie roll. Dinner is moderately priced.