Blistered Paint!

Rate this topic

Valkyrie

:(

Had two nice pencils all painted and wwas out of clear coat. So I bought some Rustoleum clear enamel ( I usually use the Valspar stuff) and gave both a nice light coat. Went back to check and the pristine white paint on both had blistered down to the wood, right through the primer. The base coat and the primer were also Rustolem enamel. Oh well, stripped them down, soaked in mineral spirits, wiped with some acetone and then alcohol, left to dry and resealed and they are reprimed and hanging to dry. Lesson learned, stick to what you know works and iif you change something... test it out first.

I use spray cans since I really dont do very much as far as intricate stuff an airbrush would be needed for. Doesnt seem to bother the fish either.

How long did you let the paint dry for? What are the temps where you are?

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts

How long did you let the paint dry for? What are the temps where you are?

It is about 70 degrees and pretty dry, inside. Left to dry three days before I did them.

Yeah...should of been okay. I had the same issue happen to me. Seemed to be drying and temp issue though. I had to wait really long until I got smart and brought them inside, lol. Get a cheap airbrush when you can. Instant dry is nice.

"The toothless, braindead, *********, geriatric mouthbreathers around here love their "safe space". It is the only place in the world where they feel like winners, the gracious thing to do, would be to let them enjoy their delusional reality."

-Numbnuts