Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mick2360

Sunday AM Meet The Press Debate

Rate this topic

11 posts in this topic

More friction than last night. Great head on collision going on between Romney and Gingrich over the superpac ads. David Gregory is an expert at stirring the pot. Good stuff.

And Huntsman....something tells me that he may get his moment in the spotlight..

Ron Paul. I'm glad he's in the debate...he brings the idea of liberty into the 21st century.

Ron Paul is my man. :clap: Sure, he can be a tad bit inarticulate, or rambling, at times. But for the most part he is always spot on, speaks the truth, uncomfortable as it may be. If I'm destined to cast my ballot for a man 'who can not win, then I choose to send my message of political frustration & ire through the right Honorable Mr. Ron Paul.

Somewhere along the line, we strayed far off the course of freedom, liberty, and constitutionality. My vote goes to the man who wants to put us back on course. :clap:

Ron Paul is my man. :clap: Sure, he can be a tad bit inarticulate, or rambling, at times. But for the most part he is always spot on, speaks the truth, uncomfortable as it may be. If I'm destined to cast my ballot for a man 'who can not win, then I choose to send my message of political frustration & ire through the right Honorable Mr. Ron Paul.

Somewhere along the line, we strayed far off the course of freedom, liberty, and constitutionality. My vote goes to the man who wants to put us back on course. :clap:

I may do the same in the primary as I believe that this sends a message to the GOP, although at this point I see Romney as the strongest GOP candidate. I do not see RP as POTUS, I do see him as the conscience of the GOP.

The debate was interestin­g, a corporate raider, a tarred and feathered ex-Speaker of the House, a religious nutcase, and a libertarian looney debating each other for Republican nominee for President while refusing to address, in both debates, the #1 issue Republicans ran on in 2010 and in America - JOBS!

The debates are like a rerun, the same thing over and over. Attack the front runner and Mitt only attacks Obama.

The only enjoyment I get is seeing them attack each other on their records as governors or whatever office they held.

(this would be true for the Dems if they were debating)

A question.

If they are saying each other were terrible governors or whatever they did was wrong, how could they be effective

leaders for the country when you see them attack each other, how can any of them be worthy if they don't believe

each others policies worked or were dangerous for their states or the country ?

Seems like the Dems could just use the debate videos while campaigning ?

I don't get it :confused:

Perry had the best response last night, he may be the first of the candidates to admit both partys' are part of the problem.

RICK PERRY: I hope I'm makin' Republicans uncomfortable right now by talkin' about the spending that they've done back in the 2000s when we had-- control of both

(either Perry is wrong or he's right. If he's correct then what most of the right professes, that Obama is the cause for our economic problems today are wrong, or if Perry is wrong, he's not worthy)

RICK PERRY: --well, listen. Dr. Paul says that the biggest problem facing this country is-- is our-- work overseas. I disagree with that. The biggest problem facing this country today is a Congress that is out of control with their spending. And we've gotta have someone, an outsider, that will walk in, not part of the insider group that you see here. People who have voted for raising the-- the debt limit. People who have been part of the problem that is facing America.

I will tell you two things that can occur. That a president can lead the charge on. And it will put term limits into place. One of those is a part-time Congress to tell those members of Congress, "We're gonna cut your pay. We're gonna cut the amount of time that you spend in Washington, D.C. Send you back to your district so you can have a job like everybody else in your district has and live under the laws of which you pass."

:clap:

The debates are like a rerun, the same thing over and over. Attack the front runner and Mitt only attacks Obama.

The only enjoyment I get is seeing them attack each other on their records as governors or whatever office they held.

(this would be true for the Dems if they were debating)

A question.

If they are saying each other were terrible governors or whatever they did was wrong, how could they be effective

leaders for the country when you see them attack each other, how can any of them be worthy if they don't believe

each others policies worked or were dangerous for their states or the country ?

Seems like the Dems could just use the debate videos while campaigning ?

I don't get it :confused:

That's the problem with actually having a record when you run for POTUS. Obama's team recognized that and dealt with it very effectively by getting him into office with no record but an ingenious campaign based on emotionalism and racial guilt. Hell, we all felt great to have an African American in the Oval Office. From a Republican point of view, I want debate, the more the better. I want whoever emerges to be ready to deal with Obama who is a very capable political showman with a team of experts that could get a tomato can elected (they've already proven it). Looking forward to the fall debate season., Whoever the eventual nominee is, the Republican party will be united and loaded for bear. They had better be. :read:

That's the problem with actually having a record when you run for POTUS. Obama's team recognized that and dealt with it very effectively by getting him into office with no record

According to Perry that's what is needed, an outsider.

PERRY: Well, listen, Dr. Paul says that the biggest problem facing this country is -- is our work overseas. I disagree with that. The biggest problem facing this country today is a Congress that is out of control with their spending. And we’ve got to have someone, an outsider, that will walk in, not part of the insider group that you see here, people who have voted for raising the -- the debt limit, people who have been part of the problem that is facing America.

So, is he wrong ?

Also, what's your response to this;

RICK PERRY: I hope I'm makin' Republicans uncomfortable right now by talkin' about the spending that they've done back in the 2000s when we had-- control of both.

That's the problem with actually having a record when you run for POTUS. Obama's team recognized that and dealt with it very effectively by getting him into office with no record

According to Perry that's what is needed, an outsider.

PERRY: Well, listen, Dr. Paul says that the biggest problem facing this country is -- is our work overseas. I disagree with that. The biggest problem facing this country today is a Congress that is out of control with their spending. And we’ve got to have someone, an outsider, that will walk in, not part of the insider group that you see here, people who have voted for raising the -- the debt limit, people who have been part of the problem that is facing America.

So, is he wrong ?

Also, what's your response to this;

RICK PERRY: I hope I'm makin' Republicans uncomfortable right now by talkin' about the spending that they've done back in the 2000s when we had-- control of both.

As a Republican I am uncomfortable with Perry being on the stage at all. He came in over confident and ill prepared. BHA is running against Congress too. That's what you do when you are seriously out of your depth; talk about anything but your record. Perry is done. You can't talk about changing Washington as an outsider when you cannot remember which agencies you have promised to close. We've already elected one ill prepared bumbler. Experience will count this time around.