Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Steve S

1998 Parker 1800 115 Yamaha 2 stroke 2003 Venture roller trailer

18 posts in this topic

Selling my 18'Parker center console, has 2 batteries moved up to the console, Raymarine DSX600 fishfinder, a keel guard (usefull when beaching), Armstrong ladder, cooler seat was removed and replaced with a leaning post and an oval 40 gallon livewell sits under that (can be removed in minutes when not needed), VHF radio, full cover. Has a 115 Yamaha Saltwater Series 2 stroke that runs great (they are bullet proof motors), and sits on a Venture roller trailer with radial tires that I replaced all roller assemblies the winch and led lights last year. I am the second owner and have had it for 5 years, the boat was barely used by the original owner and I only fish it 2 1/2 months a year, there is no hour meter but I would estimate app 600 hours on it. Price is $9,000[ATTACHMENT=3965]boat 001.JPG (151k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3966]boat 003.JPG (151k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3967]boat 013.JPG (130k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT].

Have you had any problems with the boat? Is there anything that is need of repair right now? Has it been professionally serviced/maintained? I'm guessing you trailer it since it doesn't look like it has bottom paint. Any more pictures? I potentially have a lot more questions. :) Thanks.

The boat has been as close to trouble free as possible, I have maintained it myself (30+ years certified Honda master tech) with water pump every 2 years, thermostats and poppet valve at 3 year intervals, lower unit fluid every year, last year removed cylinder heads to replace internal zincs. The only items currently needed are a new winch strap, the marker lights on the trailer, and the zinc on the motor, all of which I will do if I sell the boat or in the spring if I don't. I do have more pictures (all of which were taken summer of 2011) I can send, one item is the boat has a Lowrance HDS machine in addition to the Raymarine unit and that will not be going with the boat, I won that as a tournament prize and will be installing it on my next boat. My reason for selling is I have been fishing a locattion that requires a fairly long ride across open water and I would like a little more boat (21' Parker) if it does not sell I really like the boat and won't mind keeping it.

Almost all the use I have put on this boat has been live bait fishing in the ocean, that being said as with any boat you need to be aware of the weather, this is a very sea worthy boat for it's size ( and has a lot of room in it for an 18enough room that I throw a 12' net from the front deck ), I launch primarily out of Shark River inlet but wil also use Manasquan inlet, Barnaget inlet or the Atlantic Highlands if that is where the bait is.[ATTACHMENT=3983]boat 002.JPG (153k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3984]boat 004.JPG (148k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3985]boat 005.JPG (142k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3986]boat 007.JPG (146k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3987]boat 010.JPG (142k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3988]boat 012.JPG (130k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT][ATTACHMENT=3989]boat 009.JPG (135k. JPG file)[/ATTACHMENT]

congrats eric... your gona love it! One thing id to recomend is to remove the rod holders from the sides of the foward seat on the console. It wi make walking around the console easier. I put nice clamp on rod holders on the bar that gose voer the winsheild. The rods are out of the way up there.

Thanks SOL and thank you Eric. This is really a bittersweet moment, while I will be moving up this boat is like a friend that has treated me very well and I will definitly miss it. I agree that removing the rodholders from the console will give more room to walk around but I often carried upwards of 10 rods on the boat and they had to go somewhere, part of the process of getting a boat that is new to you is setting it up to suit your style of fishing, this boat was perfect for me and my live bait fishing and now I have to do that all over again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0