Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
peanutbunkerandjelly

sciatica??

Rate this topic

20 posts in this topic

If you go for the shot to the spine, make sure you get sedated. I bit down so hard from the pain that I damaged teeth. The shot helped a bit though. Good luck.

It's possible the tightness of the Piriformis Muscle is causing you sciatica pain. That's what happened to me. The bottom stretch worked for me.

My wife had an awful bout with this a few years ago. Went all the way down her leg. One day...it just went away. Never came back. It lasted a good 3 months though.

my dad has it bad and i guess i'm next in line. got it for the first time this summer and it lasted for a couple of months. stretching helped a bit. fishing the surf seems to agitate it.

My wife had an awful bout with this a few years ago. Went all the way down her leg. One day...it just went away. Never came back. It lasted a good 3 months though.

I get sciatica once in a while and then it goes away.

Luckily, it's more of an annoyance than a prolonged, debilitating pain.

Do you carry your wallet in your left back pocket ? That may be the main cause. Sitting on it for long periods of time can take its toll throwing you out of alignment.

I dont think its my shoes. Altho I will switch to another pair I have and see if it changes anything. I dont carry a wallet in my back pocket. I read that heat and ice, heat for 30mins, then ice for mins is good, but after the heat is on for 30mins I cant bring myself to put an ice pack on my nice warm back! lol

Dont go to the chiropractor at this point. Go to your regular MD and discuss with them. Sometimes a short course of Prednisone by mouth and muscle relaxers followed by antiinflammatories and stretching/therapy can relieve it.