Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
fishhead

Van Staal Handle removal

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

Quote:Handle or nob,where did you buy it?

What does it look like?

I bought a new power nob for my VS250 not sure if that's what your referring too?

OK If its the same nob that I just replaced, (by the way reel came from CHINA 2-3 years ago) nut sure if there is a difference.

there is a allen head on the inside of the nob

you will need a open end for the other side

the MFG put a drop of lock tight on the nut (you will have to do the same when you install the new one.

before installing the new one I drilled out some SS washers w/ 11/64th drill bit. I bought mine from Bob

Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by fishhead View Post

I just bought a power handle that I want to put on my Van Staal does anyone know if it is attached with a torx or an alien wrench?

Thanks,

fish

I tried to install with screw and there is a big gap between the handle blank and the knob. If I drill this out it should be ok. I think the knob is for precisely what it is designed for drilling out a hole and replacing. I am trying to see if it is too big for the this reel. I might use it on something else. Thanks,

I tried to install with screw and there is a big gap between the handle blank and the knob. If I drill this out it should be ok. I think the knob is for precisely what it is designed for drilling out a hole and replacing. I am trying to see if it is too big for the this reel. I might use it on something else. Thanks,

Isn't there supposed to be a spacer installed between the knob & the arm?

i would've just gotten a 275 power knob if I was you....direct swap.

But yeah, think you're going to have to install a spacer to compensate for the original handle spacer

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

You mean the knob i took pics of in post#9?

http://www.stripersonline.com/t/822650/zb-knob-on-vs-200#post_8729950