Please sign and send to protect the stripe bass. Thank You

Rate this topic

Foggycoast

Quote:

Originally Posted by woody14 View Post

When in February?   Date ,  Place,  & Time ?

Thursday, February 2nd

The Resources Building Auditorium at:

1416 Ninth Street

Sacramento, CA 95814

The time is harder to find than it should be. I'm guessing it'll be during business hours rather than evening hours. Stay tuned.

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.

I heard this meeting on Feb 2nd is going to be at 8am, VERY early for me, as I take my daughter to school, plus a 2hr drive to sac going to be rough to make it. :mad:

Thursday Feb. 2nd is "D" day for striped bass..

The Fish and Game Commission will hold a hearing on the DFG's proposed striped bass reg. changes on Thursday Feb. 2nd.

We have been working very hard on building a case against the proposed reg. changes along with scientific documentation to back up our position. At the meeting on Feb. 2nd, StriperFest, CSPA, CSBA and the Allied Fishing Groups would like as many fishing community members there as we can get! I have no idea why they haven't published an Agenda yet, so we don't know the start time. To be safe and I'd suggest that all who plan to attend be there by at least 8:00 AM. The address is:

Resources Building Auditorium

1416 Ninth Street

Sacramento, CA

The Security folks there can tell you where the Auditorium is within the Building.

The Resources Building takes up the whole block between "N" and "O" streets and "8th" and "9th" streets. This is just a couple blocks S/W of the Capitol Bldg. There's public parking around with in several blocks. Google downtown Sac parking to find the lots (garages). There will be two panels of speakers, (already made up) one for and one against. I would not expect anyone else to have more than about a minute (or less)to speak. Depending on the number of people, you may just be able to give your name and urge the Commission to vote the proposal down! Politeness and quiet is expected, loud comments on what someone says are not generally tolerated. (This is only guidance for those that have never been to a hearing before!) I hope to see lots of you there! A large turn out will speak louder than

so with no regulation changes on Striped Bass how do you explain this.....:mad:

http://blog.***********/stienstra/2011/12/14/salmon-flood-hatcheries-great-2012-predicted/#2133-4

Tim can you fix the link since its a news article?

Salmon have flooded into state and federal fish hatcheries in the past month. The key indicator, the arrival of two-year-old salmon, also predicts the ocean off the Bay Area coast will be full of fish next summer.

Trips to Nimbus Hatchery last week on the American River near Sacramento and to the Coleman National Fish Hatchery on Battle Creek near the Sacramento River unveiled great news for salmon, the people who fish for them, and those who love to eat them.

At Nimbus, adults and youngsters alike watched the salmon swim up the American River, jump up the fish ladders to the hatchery, and occasionally make spectacular jumps in the river. It’s the best show in years.

All the news is good.

At Coleman, 55,000 spawn-ready salmon returned to Battle Creek this fall, 42,000 to the hatchery, up from lows of 14,000 and 10,000, respectively in 2008, reported Brett Galyean at the hatchery.

The number of 2-year-old salmon, or jacks, which is used to predict next year’s run, has been mind-bending, 22,800, up from 721 in in 2009 and 5,500 in 2010.

This year’s egg take at Coleman was 13 million before they shut down the gates on the fish ladders. Those eggs are now being used to produce 12 million smolts, or juvenile salmon, which will be released in April.

Nimbus Hatchery on the American River had similar great news.

The hatchery has met its egg-take goal of 6.6 million, reported hatchery manager Paula Hoover, and plan to meet their goal of releasing 4 million salmon in the coming spring. The number of jacks was also up, with 4,000 more at this date compared to a year ago.

Most adult salmon are three and four years old. The number of jacks – the smaller 2-year-olds — is critical for federal and state biologists to plan next year’s season. The ratio is roughly 30 jacks to 1 adult. So large numbers of jacks now is an indicator of excellent ocean feed conditions and a big year for salmon in 2012.

“This year’s run is tremendous, 55,0000 to Battle Creek,” said Galyean at the Coleman hatchery. “I’ve been here four years, and you could add those years up and it wouldn’t add up to that.”

He called the jack return “extremely high.”

“It shows the ocean conditions are a lot better,” he said. “We use it as an indicator for next year’s return.”

Hoover at Nimbus was also thrilled.

“The return of jacks is quite high,” she said. “Our adult fish runs are about normal, not high or low,” and a normal year coming after the the declines of 2007-2009 is great news. “We’ve met the quota, made our production goals.”

Another significant note: Up north, a check with the huge fish hatchery near the Bonneville Dam on the Columbia River system showed similar large numbers of returning adult and jack salmon.

To tour the Nimbus Hatchery, plug this address into your GPS: 2001 Nimbus Road, 
Gold River, CA 95670, near Fair Oaks. For information, call (916) 358-2829 or go to dfg.ca.gov.

To tour the Coleman Hatchery, plug this into your GPS: 2411 Coleman Fish Hatchery Road, Anderson, 96007. For information, call (530) 365-8222 or go to fws.gov/coleman.

Feb 2nd at 830am. I am going to try to make it. If anyone in the south bay wants to carpool let me know.

State of California

FISH AND GAME COMMISSION

(916) 653-4899

www.fgc.ca.gov

Resources Building

Meeting of First Floor Auditorium

February 2, 2012 (Thursday) 1416 Ninth Street

8:30 a.m.

2 Sacramento

AGENDA3

ALL MEETINGS OPEN TO THE PUBLIC

1. DISCUSSION AND POSSIBLE ACTION ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO

SECTIONS 550, 551, 552, 630, AND 703, ADDITION OF SECTION 550.5, AND REPEAL

SECTION 553, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: PUBLIC USE OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME

LANDS.

2. RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT RECOMMENDATION AND POSSIBLE COMMISSION

DIRECTION ON THE REQUEST FROM KNOCEAN SCIENCES, INC. TO LEASE KELP

BED NO. 3, SAN DIEGO COUNTY, FOR EXCLUSIVE HARVEST OF KELP.

3. CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE RE-ADOPTION OF EMERGENCY ACTION TO CLOSE

SONOMA COUNTY TO ABALONE FISHING (Note: This action is intended to make the

emergency closure expire the day before the scheduled season opener of April 1, 2012.)

4. RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO SECTIONS 28.29,

52.10 AND 150.16, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: GREENLINGS. (Note: The adoption hearing is

scheduled for March 7, 2012 in Riverside.)

5. RECEIPT OF PUBLIC TESTIMONY ON PROPOSED CHANGES TO SECTION 27.80,

TITLE 14, CCR, RE: OCEAN SALMON. (Note: The discussion/adoption hearing is

scheduled for March 7, 2012 in Riverside.)

These facilities are accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California

Relay Service at 1 (800) 735-2929 (TT) or 1 (800) 735-2922 (Voice) and ask them to contact the California Fish and Game Commission at

(916) 653-4899.

The Commission may break for lunch at approximately 12:00 noon.

The public is encouraged to comment on any item on the agenda. In order for the Commission to adequately consider public comments, the

public is requested to submit written comments no later than ten days prior to the meeting. Written comments received fewer than ten days

preceding the meeting will be submitted to the Commission at the meeting; however, Commission staff is unable to deliver material received

one day before and on the day of the meeting to the Commissioners when the meeting is not in Sacramento. Please send your comments to

be received no later than two days before the meeting.

If you decide to speak at the Commission meeting, please begin by giving your name and affiliation (if any) and the number of people

represented by your organization. Then tell the Commission your concerns. Time allotted for each agenda item depends upon the number of

speakers for each item and the length of the agenda. The Commission is interested in your views; don't worry about how to say them. If

several people have spoken, try not to be repetitious. If there are several with the same concerns, please try to appoint a spokesperson. The

Commission is particularly interested in the specific reasons you are for or against a proposal because the Commission's decision needs to be

based on specific reasons.

If you would like to present handouts/written material to the Commission at the meeting, please provide eleven (11) copies.

6. (A) PURSUANT TO FISH AND GAME CODE SECTIONS 2075 AND 2075.5,

CONSIDERATION AND POSSIBLE ACTION ON THE PETITION AND THE

DEPARTMENT’S ONE YEAR STATUS REPORT/RECOMMENDATION ON THE

PETITION TO LIST THE MOUNTAIN YELLOW-LEGGED FROG (

Rana muscosa

and R. sierrae) AS AN ENDANGERED SPECIES AND ADOPTION OF

COMMISSION FINDINGS.

(B) REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PUBLISH NOTICE OF COMMISSION

INTENT TO AMEND SECTION 670.5, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: ADDITION OF

MOUNTAIN YELLOW-LEGGED FROG (Rana muscosa and R. sierrae) TO THE

LIST OF ANIMALS OF CALIFORNIA DECLARED TO BE ENDANGERED OR

THREATENED. (Note: This Item will only be considered if the Commission makes a

finding that listing the Mountain Yellow-legged frog as threatened or endangered is

warranted.)

CONSENT CALENDAR

7. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PUBLISH NOTICE OF COMMISSION INTENT TO

AMEND SECTION 7.50, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: KLAMATH-TRINITY SPORT FISHING

REGULATIONS. (Note: The discussion hearing is scheduled for March 7, 2012 in

Riverside. The adoption hearing is scheduled for April 11, 2012 in Eureka.

8. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PUBLISH NOTICE OF COMMISSION INTENT TO

AMEND SECTION 7.50, TITLE 14, CCR, RE: CENTRAL VALLEY SPORT FISHING

REGULATIONS. (Note: The discussion hearing is scheduled for March 7, 2012, meeting in

Riverside. The adoption hearing is scheduled for April 11, 2012 in Eureka.

SPECIAL PRESENTATIONS AND DISCUSSION

9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PUBLISH NOTICE OF COMMISSION INTENT TO

AMEND STRIPED BASS SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS.

(A) PRESENTATION OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME PROPOSAL.

(B) PRESENTATION BY ALLIED FISHING GROUPS ORGANIZATION.

ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND POSSIBLE ACTION ON SUBCOMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS

10. ELECTION OF PRESIDENT AND VICE PRESIDENT.

11. SUBCOMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS.

INFORMATIONAL ITEMS

12. RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.

(A) RECEIPT OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME DIRECTOR’S REPORT.

(B) WILDLIFE AND FISHERIES/ECOSYSTEM CONSERVATION DIVISION UPDATE.

© LAW ENFORCEMENT DIVISION UPDATE.

(D) UPDATE ON IMPLEMENTATION OF THE AUTOMATED LICENSE DATA SYSTEM.

(E) UPDATE ON NORTH COAST STUDY REGION ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT

REPORT AND REGULATORY TIMELINE.

(F) UPDATE ON FILLING THE AQUACULTURE COORDINATOR POSITION.

(G) OTHER.

13. RECEIPT AND POSSIBLE ACTION ON COMMISSION INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.

(A) SUBCOMMITTEE REPORTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS.

(II) MARINE RESOURCES COMMITTEE.

(II) AL TAUCHER COMMITTEE.

(III) BUDGET COMMITTEE.

(IV) OTHER.

(B) ITEMS THAT DID NOT MAKE AGENDA AND NEED TO BE RESCHEDULED.

(I) RECEIPT OF ANNUAL REPORTS RE: CAMP ROBERTS,

CAMP PENDLETON, AND FORT HUNTER LIGGETT DEER AND ELK

HUNTS, UNDER SECTION 640, TITLE 14, CCR, MANAGEMENT OF FISH

AND WILDLIFE ON MILITARY LANDS.

© NEW BUSINESS/COMMISSION FOLLOW-UP, MEETING REVIEW, AND STAFF

DIRECTION.

(D) ANNOUNCEMENT OF FUTURE MEETINGS.

14. RECEIPT OF LEGISLATIVE REPORTS.

(A) DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME REPORT.

15. RECEIPT OF FEDERAL AGENCIES INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.

16. RECEIPT OF LEGAL COUNSEL INFORMATIONAL ITEMS.

17. ANNOUNCEMENT OF RESULTS FROM EXECUTIVE SESSION.

18. PUBLIC FORUM–

Any member of the public may address and/or ask questions of the Commission relating

to the implementation of its policies or any other matter within the jurisdiction of the Commission. The issue to be

discussed should not be related to any item on the current agenda. As a general rule, action cannot be taken on

issues not listed on the agenda. At the discretion of the Commission, staff may be requested to follow up on such

items. Submittal of written comments is encouraged to ensure that all comments will be included in the record

before the Commission. Please be prepared to summarize your comments to the time allocated by the President.

EXECUTIVE SESSION

(NOT OPEN TO PUBLIC)

PURSUANT TO THE AUTHORITY OF GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 11126(a)(1) AND (e)(1),

AND SECTION 309 OF THE FISH AND GAME CODE, THE COMMISSION WILL MEET IN

CLOSED EXECUTIVE SESSION. THE PURPOSE OF THIS EXECUTIVE SESSION IS TO

CONSIDER:

A. PENDING LITIGATION TO WHICH THE COMMISSION IS A PARTY.

I. BIG CREEK LUMBER COMPANY AND CENTRAL COAST FOREST ASSOC. vs.

CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION RE: COHO LISTING, SOUTH OF

SAN FRANCISCO.

II. JAMES BUNN AND JOHN GIBBS vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME

COMMISSION RE: SQUID PERMITS.

III. KERN COUNTY WATER AGENCY vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME

COMMISSION, DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME, DEPARTMENT OF WATER

RESOURCES RE: STATE WATER PROJECT AND CALIFORNIA ENDANGERED

SPECIES ACT.

IV. TACY LEE vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION AND DEPARTMENT

OF FISH AND GAME RE: DENIAL OF TRANSFER OF LOBSTER OPERATOR

PERMIT.

V. CENTER FOR BIOLOGICAL DIVERSITY vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME

COMMISSION AND DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME RE: PACIFIC FISHER.

VI. UNITED ANGLERS OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA; COASTSIDE FISHING CLUB;

AND ROBERT C. FLETCHER vs. CALIFORNIA FISH AND GAME COMMISSION

RE: SOUTH COAST STUDY REGION AND NORTH CENTRAL COAST STUDY

REGION MARINE PROTECTED AREAS UNDER THE MARINE PROTECTION

ACT.

VII. MARILLEY vs. FISH AND GAME COMMISSION AND DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND

GAME RE: COMMERCIAL FISHING PERMIT FEES.

B. POSSIBLE LITIGATION INVOLVING THE COMMISSION.

C. STAFF PERFORMANCE AND COMPENSATION.

D. RECEIPT OF HEARING OFFICER RECOMMENDATIONS ON LICENSE AND PERMIT

ITEMS.

I. THOMAS NOTO - DENIAL TO REINSTATE SALMON VESSEL PERMIT FOR THE

F/V

CALIFORNIA GIRL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CabbageHead View Post

Thursday, February 2nd

The Resources Building Auditorium at:

1416 Ninth Street

Sacramento, CA 95814

The time is harder to find than it should be. I'm guessing it'll be during business hours rather than evening hours. Stay tuned.

Quote:

Originally Posted by norcalkat View Post

Feb 2nd at 830am. I am going to try to make it. If anyone in the south bay wants to carpool let me know.

...Agenda Item 9. REQUEST FOR AUTHORIZATION TO PUBLISH NOTICE OF COMMISSION INTENT TO

AMEND STRIPED BASS SPORT FISHING REGULATIONS.

(A) PRESENTATION OF DEPARTMENT OF FISH AND GAME PROPOSAL.

(B) PRESENTATION BY ALLIED FISHING GROUPS ORGANIZATION.

ELECTION OF OFFICERS AND POSSIBLE ACTION ON SUBCOMMITTEE ASSIGNMENTS

A little late for a reminder, but those that can go should do so. Has anyone here been to a CFGC meeting and know if the doors stay open so that a person can come and go as they please? I assume and hope that's the case, so I can check in periodically to see which item they're on. My guess is that they won't get to item 9 until after lunch, and may have planned for just that.

ps - If it goes late into the night stick around... tomorrow night there is a bar a few blocks away from the meeting that has a bikini bull riding contest. icon14.gif

bulls2.JPG

bulls1.JPG

A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals.