Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justintrask

Mansfield High School Percussion Fundraiser - Raffle!

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

Hey Everyone!

Both of my brothers, along with my whole family, are thoroughly involved in the Mansfield High School Band and Percussion Ensemble. The Percussion Ensemble (here-in reference as PE) is a group which practices 3-6 days a week from mid-May until the end of February, including 8 hours every Saturday, and then compete on a local and national level in March into April. The PE is made up of students from 8th grade through 12th grade, with a general love for music, and a work ethic that most of us can only dream to have. I was highly involved in the group for all 5 years that I could be in the group, along with another member on this site, Dansmith.

On the last weekend before competitions start each year, the group holds a marathon rehearsal of sorts, called the rehearse-a-thon. This years rehearsal will be on Saturday February 18th. They try to get sponsors for this 12 hour rehearsal, to help raise money for the PE, band association, uniforms, upkeep of instruments, and most importantly keeping all art programs at Mansfield High School free to anyone who would like to be involved.

In 2007 and 2008, Mansfield High School PE won the world championships for their class in Dayton, Ohio, along with a Silver medal in 2009. Mansfield High School also holds the WGI record for the highest score in WGI history, with their 2008 show bringing in a score of 98.6! I would post a video of that, but the only one I can find in on a website we cannot link to from here.

Last April when the group went to Dayton, I posted a few videos on the Main Forum, and the support for the group was outstanding. I had people sending me PM’s asking if there were ways they could help the group out. People wishing that their schools had similar programs. This year we have a way that you can help.

I am attaching a video of their performance last year. This video was from the second week of competitions. They ended up winning the regional finals competition by a margin of over 5 points! Remember that these kids practice from 15-40 hours a week, every week, for about 40 weeks out of the year. High School kids that may normally be at parties, goofing off, getting into trouble. These kids give up every Saturday of their High School career in order to practice with this group.

To try to raise money this year, we decided to do a raffle of sorts. Anyone who decides to sponsor my brothers will be entered into a raffle for new Creek Chub Surfster in Mackerel (the new ones for this year). Any donation helps, whether is it $10 or $100. Anyone who sponsors will have their name put into a hat, and a name will randomly be picked the evening of the Rehearse-a-thon – February 18th, 2012.

As an added bonus, I will also be giving an RM Smith plug (to be bought closer to the date of the rehearsal) of my choice to the person who donates the highest amount, as a token of my appreciation for your support of a great group of kids.

Anyone who wants to be a sponsor, please let me know via this thread, or PM. All payments would preferably be in the form of a check, written out to the “Mansfield Band Parents”. All payments need to be received by February 18th. Like always, I really appreciate the support of members here on SOL, and thank TimS for letting us do this here this year, for a truly great organization.

This message has been approved by TimS.

might have missed it, but will you still be taking donations as far out as iceburgs?

If so I can throw something as far as cash and some plugs that you can throw up on the BST, or raffle off.....

Hey Dinghy -

We can take donations up until the first week of Feb, so that'll be fine. Don't worry about the plugs and stuff... don't want things to get too confusing and such. Thanks for the consideration :)

PS: BUMP!