Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
astroman

Fish on custom wood 2012

Rate this topic

211 posts in this topic

On my trip to see Andrew, we temped out a spook for speckled trout. Shortly thereafter the thought occurred to him that it might work as a swimmer... I guess the proof is in the fishes... It also pulled a smallie that released itself as I was getting out my pliers.

Bill Couch Danny - this plug is magic. Been fishing this rockpile for a couple weeks now. Can't buy a hit on any plug but this. I've gotten close to 2 dozen fish on this plug, and literally not a single fish on any other plugs.

Couch plugs have a tendency to do that. He gave me a needle a few years ago and that the fish could not refuse…everything else in the bag got no love.

Couch plugs have a tendency to do that. He gave me a needle a few years ago and that the fish could not refuse…everything else in the bag got no love.

Dosen't surprise me at all, Bill Couch knows his fishing and any plug with his name on it is sure to be gold to the fish. :th:

A little over 4 inches and around 3/4 oz. A better shot of the flaptail:

Been doing pretty well with these lately at the river. Mostly slow waking them on top so that the blade spins and adding a pop in here and there. Also caught a few working it sort of like a spook. Fun plug to fish :)

Noel, it won't get too cold down there to fish for smallies ;)

Jigman

Had a good day on the river this morning. Fishing with a couple of old friends. One guy just started fishing this summer. Other friend I've fished with for years. Decided the new guy needed to meet a striper. Hit the first spot, a good flow on the river. All three of us using a jointed handcarve of mine. I'm on the back of the boat casting behind and get slammed as we hit the prime area. As soon as I yell I'm on, I hear another blast off the front of the boat, first guy is now hooked up too. New guy is standing in the middle somewhat shell shocked, not reeling. I yell over, keep reeling, keep reeling. He starts reeling again, and gets slammed, 5 feet from the boat. Front guy gets his in, 15#. I get mine in next, 22#. New guy finally gets his landed, just over 20#. Not bad for his first striper :) A shot of the 22#:

Got a few others on a new, off-center spook design. Another 22#:

A good day on teh river :)

Jigman