Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Leatherface

In the market for a 10' one-piece rod.

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

Hey guys, looking for some input here. I have a few 10' rods, a 9' and an 11'. They are all pretty beaten up by now and I am going to start replacing them.

First up is going to be a nice one-piece 10' rod for the SS sand beaches. Something I can throw up to 2-2.5 oz. (bucks to bombers, needles, pencils, etc..) comfortably. I just picked up a Cabo 50 to throw on it, so it should match up pretty good with that.

What would you guys recommend?

Thanks!

Bob

I have a few Lami gsb 120 1m's nice rods. I also have a 10' 6" St Croix Mojo 3/4 to 4 that I love, I matched it with a vs-250 and it balances perfectly. Bob I'll lend it to you to try if you like....

Hi: I have a 10ft. LAMI . Super Surf ( ss) one pc. made by Steve Petri last year. It's a 2-to 4 oz. I had 3 rods made for me , and never used this one. It went on my rack and stayed there , never been out of the house . It's raped beautiful , with a shrink raped handle . I paid almost $ 400. for it , but i'll take $ 250 . I can't post pic's , it never works . Thanks---Pete--

Thanks Nick! I'll let you know if I can give one a whirl! :)

Pete - I think actually posting something for sale with a price is against the rules here. You would have to put it up in the BST, but I do appreciate the offer.

Bob

bob, doe some homework on the 10.ft s.s. I think those are the ones lami had issues with, pretty sure a couple guys in my club have snapped a couple of them. steve did stand behind his work and rebuild them new rods but they were the origanal owners who he built them for. ask around.

is there difference in preformance in a 2 piece rod and a 1 piece

As they say "back in the day" they felt different, now companies like cts, St Croix and Century have the 70/30 split you can't tell the difference.... easier to lock in the car/truck also....

I have a custom wrapped Lami GSB 1201M in excellent condition that I can part with. If interested pm me for more info.

Thanks, but right now I am looking for some advice on what to get. I would like to hear some opinions and suggestions.

Thanks, but right now I am looking for some advice on what to get. I would like to hear some opinions and suggestions.

What do you prefer tothrow(not that it works that way) but try to get something that matches the way you fish. Plugs, bucktails, eels....

I know your lookin for a one piece but I have a 10' Mojo that I think is insane. I love the rod but I got a chance to try the legend and I'm going to upgrade . There both pretty intense rods and match up well with a lot if reels. I use the Mojo for every lure and the presentation is just how I want it. Good luck with your search.

I use a GSB 120L paired with a cabo 60 and have no complaints with it. Throws bombers pretty well and can launch a 2.5oz pencil. I think the sweet spot for that rod is right at 2-2.5

It can easily haul in a big fish in big surf and current. IMO it's a great all around rod