Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Salt Life

Stripers

Rate this topic

12 posts in this topic

The locals are very tight lipped about the stripers or any fish for that matter. Slayer is right you will probably have to do some leg work for sure and talk in person with some local shops. I would start a little north of Nags Head?

A couple lures I used to have good luck with were a 4 oz. spro bucktail, 6 ounce diamond jig, spro minnow, etc. like slayer said anything you can get distance with. We used to have a blast driving up and down highway 12 on hatteras island looking for diving birds! :)

Almost forgot take some speck baits with you never know when you might run into a good speck hole! I am headed down shortly as well be interested how you make out ? Good luck

I was just sitting here thinking the same thing about bringing speck bait. I got some heavy metals that should get me out there, i just hope I can find the fish. Would be nice if I didn't have to do much work but that's usually not the case. Lol I guess that's why its called fishing! I'll let you guys know how I do and keep me posted as well. Thanks again. Enjoy

Back when the stripers used to run the beaches in N.C. we caught some nice stripers at Coquina ! There was an awesome speck hole as well as soon as you hit the beach just a touch north. Man was that a lot of fun when the stripers took a break we trout fished good times and eats for sure!!